PELICAN case for kemper powerhead

• Hi guys,
    Happy newcomer kemper user here :), question..i have a plan to buy a pelican case for my kemper powerhead, kemper remote, cables, matsunaga 500v stabilizer.
    Does it fit on pelican 1560? Thanks guys

Ps: i hope it fits my shure slx wireless receiver 2

• Hi guys,
    Happy newcomer kemper user here :), question..i have a plan to buy a pelican case for my kemper powerhead, kemper remote, cables, matsunaga 500v stabilizer.
    Does it fit on pelican 1560? Thanks guys

Ps: i hope it fits my shure slx wireless receiver 2

I'd suggest that you measure the dimensions, then contact Pelican and ask them which of their cases would be suitable. They do custom cases as well.

That is quite a bit of gear, so something made to measure is probably what you want, since buying one of their cases is quite expensive. Might as well get it right the first time.

• Hi @adrimartadinata,

I have a Pelican case 1610 with the pick'n'pluck foam inserts for my KPA powerhead, Remote, 1 Mission Engineering EP1-KP pedal (space to fit even 2), Line 6 G10 wireless & all necessary cables & accessories - safe, tidy, light & fits perfectly (thanks to @lonestargtr for the inspiration 8) ) ...

Cheers,
    Wolf

• I'd suggest that you measure the dimensions, then contact Pelican and ask them which of their cases would be suitable. They do custom cases as well.

That is quite a bit of gear, so something made to measure is probably what you want, since buying one of their cases is quite expensive. Might as well get it right the first time.

Hi nightlight, yess it is..pelican is more expensive in my country (indonesia) hahaha, okeyy you're right i think i'll contact pelican to make sure everything,thanks mate

• Hi @adrimartadinata,

I have a Pelican case 1610 with the pick'n'pluck foam inserts for my KPA powerhead, Remote, 1 Mission Engineering EP1-KP pedal (space to fit even 2), Line 6 G10 wireless & all necessary cables & accessories - safe, tidy, light & fits perfectly (thanks to @lonestargtr for the inspiration 8) ) ...

Cheers,
    Wolf

Hi @TheWolf2103 thanks for your info and picture mate , Wow it fits really well with 1610..hmmm but 1610 is very expensive in my country, its okey at least i know how perfect the kemper head fit with 1610..i'll think about it to buy it..remembering our kemper need a really2 safe case right hahaha, cheers mate thanks again

• Guys! Finally i've choose to buy the kemper powerhead official bag, it fits all my stuff include my shure slx wireless , maybe later i'll buy the pelican for more secure.
    Question..i can bring my kemper bag into plane cabin right?

It is definitely small enough, but airlines these days are really finicky. If they can't figure out what it is, they may demand that you stow it away.

• Always flown fine with mine on easyJet, SAS and BA.

I've even flown with guitars as cabin baggage, Sam. But look at the restrictions the US and UK have put on even bringing laptops into the cabin on flights from some countries. Trust me, to the uninitiated, the Kemper might look like an effin' nuclear bomb. You might get to carry it on board some of the time, but someone might not allow you to bring it on just that one time and it could be disastrous.

Also, it might also be possible if your surname is Smith, but not if you have a Mohammed or a Khan in it, or even an Arvind. Such is the world we live in nowadays.

• I've even flown with guitars as cabin baggage, Sam. But look at the restrictions the US and UK have put on even bringing laptops into the cabin on flights from some countries. Trust me, to the uninitiated, the Kemper might look like an effin' nuclear bomb. You might get to carry it on board some of the time, but someone might not allow you to bring it on just that one time and it could be disastrous.

Also, it might also be possible if your surname is Smith, but not if you have a Mohammed or a Khan in it, or even an Arvind. Such is the world we live in nowadays.

:(
    I think that the most important thing is to have a dialogue with the security personnel. In my experience, it isn't the Kemper that triggers their X-Ray machines, but rather any speaker cables or thick cables in general. If you put the Kemper and Remote (if you have one) in their own, separate trays, they should go through the machine fine. Once you've repacked the case, you shouldn't have to open it up again at the gate. But hey, I don't have a surname that fascists might deem to be suspect and my passport says British, so I might not be qualified to comment at all :(
    Sometimes, humanity sucks.

• :-(I think that the most important thing is to have a dialogue with the security personnel. In my experience, it isn't the Kemper that triggers their X-Ray machines, but rather any speaker cables or thick cables in general. If you put the Kemper and Remote (if you have one) in their own, separate trays, they should go through the machine fine. Once you've repacked the case, you shouldn't have to open it up again at the gate. But hey, I don't have a surname that fascists might deem to be suspect and my passport says British, so I might not be qualified to comment at all :(
    Sometimes, humanity sucks.

Yes, it's profiling of another kind altogether. And I got to say, sometimes I don't blame the security measures, I'd hate to be on a plane, minding my own business, and then have some nutcase detonate his shoes or something.

The airlines are definitely not very friendly either. Remember that "United breaks guitars" music video that went viral? Seriously, I am deathly scared of having to check anything into a plane, if you look at some of those videos of baggage handlers in some countries you'll see what I mean.

Bottom line is, if you are able to check it in, it's great. And ideally, there should be no difficulty, after all, it is within the permissible dimensions for cabin baggage.

Back on topic: If you have one of those Pelican cases, I daresay you needn't worry about checking in the Kemper either. Those things are built to military spec and can definitely take a hell of a beating.

• Hmmm true guys,i've got the point..shits happens all the time at the airports, what @nightlight said is true..remembering the looks of the powerhead..curiousity will be the first thing on their mind hahahahah (is it a weapon?? Or something dangerous?)...stupid but i can't blame them..they dont understand "sigh"..it happens to me one time..i bring my DJI mobile (mobilephone gimbal camera) and they think its a gun ...i almost missed my plane becausr of it...but everything clear after i showed them what it is via web on my phone ahahahaha...well i still considering to buy the pelican

• Hmmm true guys,i've got the point..shits happens all the time at the airports, what @nightlight said is true..remembering the looks of the powerhead..curiousity will be the first thing on their mind hahahahah (is it a weapon?? Or something dangerous?)...stupid but i can't blame them..they dont understand "sigh"..it happens to me one time..i bring my DJI mobile (mobilephone gimbal camera) and they think its a gun ...i almost missed my plane becausr of it...but everything clear after i showed them what it is via web on my phone ahahahaha...well i still considering to buy the pelican

Just a heads up guys @sambrox @adrimartadinata. The US is considering a ban on all electronic devices larger than cellphones as cabin baggage. That means the Kemper will definitely be a no-no. Expect other countries to take reciprocal action on flights from the US or other countries.

EDIT: Doh, forgot to mention "on flights from the EU".

• Just fitted my Pelican 1610 case for my Kemper. This is going to make traveling great, and headache free.. and yeah, I put shoe strings on the side. Just tied it to the sides where the handle is to help get it out of the case easier. Don't judge. It works haha. I don't use any extra controllers other than the remote, so there's still plenty of room here for extras, and I used a little extra foam on top of the KPA as well that was left over.