[Choptones] Fried Jerry (Friedman JJ100 Jerry Cantrell)

• New demo (with an amazing guitar :D )

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nice new video.

I have to vouch for this profile pack, got the studio profiles and it's just music to my ears.

I wrote a negative comment about Choptones before for a billing issue but they fixed it, and I'm happy to show my support as in my setup their profiles are really present and stellar. This Friedman and the Mark IV are my favorites of theirs so far, but the Mustaine amp which I just got is also sounding good.

• New demo (with an amazing guitar :D )

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It does sound very good. What is this guitar ? Now I wonder if I could nail that sound or if the guitar is what makes most of the sound. :thumbup:

• Agostin Custom Guitars Classic C2

Its a non active single coil neck pick up configuration, you should get almost on OR CLOSE if you have a single coil Strat or Tele(coil split etc) , of cause you might need to adjust the clarity/definition and or EQ but most likely [or not] only the EQ i am betting.

I even get close on the EMG' profiles most times (even tho i dont use EMG's and some profiles were refined using EMG's)
    So just be aware you should always give it at least 1 min TWEAK (and learn the machine ;) ) before clicking onto the next profile or searching for tonage :) .

The tone you want could be right in front of you!!
    Hang on am i saying to myself also? :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Cool guitar.

Yes, you're right. I'm tweaking a lot more recently and it really changes a lot of things. (cabs, definition and clarity are my best friends)

General question: Is it complementary to Friedman BE-100 profile or does it come very close in sound ?

• Sorry if i am missing some thing, but what is complimentary? are you asking if the JJ is the same as the BE??

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Sorry if i am missing some thing, but what is complimentary? are you asking if the JJ is the same as the BE??

Ash

Kind of, I wonder if it sounds different enough of the BE100 (owned and liked) for me to buy/try it. I guess there is only one way to know for sure..

• New demo!
    Check it out!

Subscribe! ---> goo.gl/YUhxc6

• New demo!

• I should have posted this much earlier, but I wanted to make sure my initial impressions about this profile pack were not just "new gear/profile high"

Really enjoyed this pack, and it covers everything. Clean stuff, hard rock, Alice in Chains "grind", Metal, 8-string and downtuned metal, and ambient stuff. Great job, ChopTones!

rockyowitz.bandcamp.com
    soundcloud.com/rockyowitz
    My music can also be found on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Tidal, Rhapsody, and some pirating websites!
    "The Musings of Balance"
    "Future/Corrupted"
    "Bits & Waves, vol. 1"

• Hey Choptones

Do you have a sample pack to test these out (studio and Di)

Just want to see how it compares to my other profiles. At the moment I use a JCM Silver Jubilee and the AFD100 profiles but my other love is Cantrell so considering this pack for studio and live.

I would be looking to buy the full pack to ensure I can replicate the recorded sound and as you used a GT75 loads cab that's perfect as I am a 4x12 GT75 man myself.

Cheers dude.

• Man

Fantastic profiles, sound great. We cover some AIC stuff so happy to use this. The range of sounds is great, rather than 8 profiles though a cab I was happy to see the G12T75 had 25 profiles with various mics with good gain stages.

If I was to be critical I would have liked the Di profiles to be without any pedals in front so they were just the amp, they sound cool but it limits the use a little with them baked in.

Have to say very impressed though. Time to start using them on a few tracks to see which sounds best.

Mike