Rant + a question

• So I brought with me my KPA (+ floorboard) for my weekly rock gig last night, after a few years of going the amp + pedal route, just using the KPA for studio and session work. I had almost forgotten how freaking amazing this thing sounds & works live. I went direct out to the PA and used a regular 212 v30 cab for proper onstage guitar noise, which to me is essential at smaller clubs and venues. I used my own profiles (mostly Marshalls and Marshall knock-offs), and the same cabinet onstage through the KPAs power amp as I used for the profiles. I'm extremely happy with my regular amp setup, but this thing really kills. I have a lot of festival gigs this summer, and will definitely be setting up the KPA for these gigs (maybe even buying one as a backup).

My question is: I haven't used it live with a cabinet for a couple of upgrades in software (think I was down at 2xxx last time), and just recently upgraded to the last software revision. This time around, I really felt that I got the onstage regular cab (via the internal power amp without cab sim > guitar cabinet) thing working way much better than before. Is it my ears tricking me, or has something happened in software that separates the cab from the amp in a better way?

• Is it my ears tricking me, or has something happened in software that separates the cab from the amp in a better way?

If you used a normal studio profile: Nothing has changed. Cabdriver estimates the separation between amp and cab like before
    If you used a merged profile: In this case the separation is accurate and not an estimation because a merged profile is a studio profile minus the direct amp profile and then merged into one.

• Ok, thanks for the replies. There's the possibility that I'm hearing things differently after a long period of gigging with amps, i.e. a psychological factor, kinda. Nevertheless, the live "amp in a room"-thing seems to work nicely now, without me missing anything from a loud tube amp onstage, regardless of the reasons why ;) At least for now. What a joy ;)

b