Celestion Impulse Response Packs

• I use two cabinets with full range Sica coaxial speakers and a stereo Class-D power amp.
    Initially the sound was sterile and not really natural sounding, so I went on playing over a regular guitar cab with the cab simulation disabled.
    That did the trick but I realized that the signal to TFOH would never sound as good as the guitar cabinet.
    And with the idea of doing some recordings at the end of this year, that is not the ideal situation.

So a week ago I discovered that the Celestion Company have made their own impulse response files.
    Hearing is believing, so you can get 1 impulse response file for free from Celestion to use it with your Kemper. (Celestion V30).
    https://www.celestionplus.com/free-download/

I went to my old setup, the Sica full range cabinets and the Class-D power amp.
    And then I selected the Celestion V30 cab. The sound is drastically better than it ever have been. The speakers are actually now sounding and responding as "real" guitar cabs
    Both the full range cabs as the headphone sounds some much better that I believe the sound to TFOH and for the recordings will be 200% better.
    This free impulse response file was so convincing that I decided to buy 5 packs impulse response files from Celestion. (Celestion Blue, Greenback, Creamback, V30 en the G12H Anniversary).
    All the packs are very convincing in sound and quality and includes many impulse response files from each speaker in combination with different cabinet forms and miking setups. Even different IR-files for high and low gain.
    It is a investment which is not cheap, but it's worth every euro.

So, if you think your Kemper is in a full range setup or over the headphone sounding dull and not convincing try the free impulse response file from Celestion.
    You will be surprised what a difference that it makes.

Edited 2 times, last by HWepic ().

• Ah well they should have made the free one better if they want the sales...not tempted by what I downloaded.

I jumped straight in with a few of the V30s, Anniversary and Greenbacks. There's plenty of them that sound disappointing, ok and brilliant but not a single one of them makes me think that the cabs on my favourite profiles are inferior.

It's also worth remembering that your favourite profiles will already have been tweaked to your liking. Changing IRs has a huge effect on the perceived EQ, therefore may well move your profile into something less pleasant ie too dark, too bright, too muddy, too thin.....

Edited once, last by chu ().

• On the Kemper Youtube tutorials channel you can find a tutorial video demonstrating step by step how to transform impulse response into cabinet presets using Cab Maker and then import and select those in the Profiler.