FW 5.2.0.12879 Feedback Thread

• It's finally here!

These are the changes compared to the last release:

User Interface

fixed: rare USB transmission errors in communication with Rig Manager
    fixed: Quick button threshold for holding increased
    fixed: output volumes linked to Master Volume maintaining their volume relations reliably

To establish communication with this operating system revision at least Rig Manager 2.0. is required!

Thank you, Kemper Team! 8o

• Volume linking seem somewhat improved, but I can no longer get the unit to automatically activate the tuner with the volume-pedal off. Are there any new settings I'm unable to find? Can not see any other than the "Tune@Volume 0" checkbox on the tuner page. This may of course be unrelated, but it isn't unthinkable that changes to the handling of volumes may have such side-effects.

• hmmm My Rig Manager software doesn`t pick up that there is a new software version for my Kemper. Odd. I usually update through the Rig Manager.

addendum: Yeah I restarted Rig Manager, and it updated normally. Thx.

Edited once, last by Sha1tan ().

• hmmm My Rig Manager software doesn`t pick up that there is a new software version for my Kemper. Odd. I usually update through the Rig Manager.

It worked for me normally. When I started the rig manager it told me about the update and installed it no problem.

• I have had my Kemper since they were first released. I have done every upgrade and have never once had an issue. HOWEVER, with this new release it turns my Kemper into an oscillating Tremolo unit. No matter what I do it just volumes in and out like a tremolo. I tried to downgrade back to 5.1 and the issue remains. Tried downgrading to 4 no good. Done 3 different resets. Still the issue remains. The only way to get my Kemper back is to install OS 2,7 then it goes back to normal. I am going to try installing 5.1 over it and see. It was working fine until I installed 5.2... YMMV...

• I have had my Kemper since they were first released. I have done every upgrade and have never once had an issue. HOWEVER, with this new release it turns my Kemper into an oscillating Tremolo unit. No matter what I do it just volumes in and out like a tremolo. I tried to downgrade back to 5.1 and the issue remains. Tried downgrading to 4 no good. Done 3 different resets. Still the issue remains. The only way to get my Kemper back is to install OS 2,7 then it goes back to normal. I am going to try installing 5.1 over it and see. It was working fine until I installed 5.2... YMMV...

I had this happen to me before. If you go to your pedal settings you will see your volume going crazy. De-link the volume pedal on one of the pedal inputs.

• Thanks Man but I don't think it was that I have never used a volume or exp pedal... . I left all my rigs off after doing a reset. 2,7 worked. When I upgraded to anything higher (3, 4 or 5) it instantly came back. So I kept messing with it. I layered 2,7 again and went to 3.3 and the same thing happened. I was trying different things and loaded the factory content and it stopped. I then updated to 5.2 and it is stable with the factory content. I will have to slowly load my rigs back.

Thanks for the help...

• Thanks Man but I don't think it was that I have never used a volume or exp pedal... . I left all my rigs off after doing a reset. 2,7 worked. When I upgraded to anything higher (3, 4 or 5) it instantly came back. So I kept messing with it. I layered 2,7 again and went to 3.3 and the same thing happened. I was trying different things and loaded the factory content and it stopped. I then updated to 5.2 and it is stable with the factory content. I will have to slowly load my rigs back.

Thanks for the help...

Did you at some point in the process make a backup of the unit in a non-working condition? It is crucial for the developers to be able to reproduce and correct such errors. What you describe is clearly some form of bug. None of your rigs, regardless of how badly they may be screwed, should be able to render the entire unit useless. If you do find the offending rig, then send it to support.

• I just updated to the official release the other day and this morning I had a "Profiler system clock issue detected" come up. I took a photo and sent to Support and see what they say. I can still play it and tone and profiles seem fine. Anybody else run into this

• I just updated to the official release the other day and this morning I had a "Profiler system clock issue detected" come up. I took a photo and sent to Support and see what they say. I can still play it and tone and profiles seem fine. Anybody else run into this

Did you try to control setting? of date and time in the "System" menue

• Thanks I haven't tried that yet. I just received a response from support and they said the same thing. Apparently a bug that is known if the KPA is attached to the computer with Rig Manager open

• If im not using rig manager do you think I should update or stay at the last update? Is this one problematic? I noticed by accidentally updating to the beta that my expression pedal was reacting allot faster then it previously was. I dont know if this is just me or if updates to the wah expression pedal were made. I went back to the last full release but kinda nervous about updating to this release after reading through this thread.

• Just got my new Kemper, immediately downloaded the new rig manager 2.0 and the newly released operating system 5.2. Everything g works perfectly.

I see that there are other things to download from the download page. The Britt stuff, the delay presets etc. do I need to download these or are they already on my Kemper by virtue of my having update to the latest OS? Is this OS update cumulative?