Stevie Ray Vaughan Tone - Axe Fx II XL+ vs. Kemper

• Honestly both Axe FX and Kemper are so good, you wouldn't be disappointed with either one. I adore my Kemper though it is a recent purchase. I also had a hard time deciding, but I felt the Kemper was the only thing that had no digital sound at all.

• Personally, I find modern tones and hard EQ'd guitars and basses much harder to nail than the good old ones from EC, JH, Knopfler, SRV, EVH, Rory, Maiden, DC/AC etc. because their equipment was limited. You always find a good starting point.

I even do not understand what people find about the Mayer tone (which is great) - it's all about clean amps or ODS overdrives and PLAYING STYLE.

• I should have mentioned two of the profiles had a slight bump in the upper high end which I tried to take out with a high cut. I didn't hear a hell of a difference and it was my first time using that in the eq since the update.
    I was comparing them in ozone and dialing it in to that area.

• Here are the profiles
    I did 4, one without the drive two with the alternate drives and a 4th for the hell of it with both on :D
    Didn't sound as bright as the demo in the video but I don't have a strat either....I also made sure I did the profile using the same FW he used unlike some other cross modeller profilers ;)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gctfogcf8qjqbu1/SRV.rar?dl=0
    Shoot me a PM for the zip password

I should have mentioned two of the profiles had a slight bump in the upper high end which I tried to take out with a high cut. I didn't hear a hell of a difference and it was my first time using that in the eq since the update.
    I was comparing them in ozone and dialing it in to that area.

Wow! Thanks so much! FYI, I don't think I'm able to PM you - I get "Access Denied" when I click on your profile. Any chance you can PM me the password?

• Hi Reno,

I actually tried to PM you right after I did the profile but I think you must have PM's turned off as I can receive them no problem.....maybe check your user settings!

Thanks to all the people thanked me via PM too :)

• The kind of clean+dirty dual amp thing that is in the OP, Kemper is unable to produce

Not entirely true. It's true that the KPA can't do dual amps, but the Parallel Path function can give great results, as can dealing in some of the Direct parameter in the Amp block in conjunction with a post Stack EQ in an overdriven profile.

• Why password protect them in the first place, though?

I've probably done the most free axe-fx patch to kemper profile conversions on this forum.
    Unfortunately a very small minority (ie one person) kind of ruined that in the past (some of which was mentioned in another thread).
    I also wanted to gauge the interest for something I'm working on in the future that is going to be absolutely killer.....

Don't get this too ... either it's free or it is not ... if you want to make it available only a certain time - just delete it.

Where is any money involved? And who said I was only going to put it up for a certain time? Its attitudes like this why I took down nearly all the ones I did in the past.

• I have a few Axe-FX profiles and think they're excellent. I can only speak for myself, but I appreciate any shared profiles, whether I keep them or not (and I don't keep many these days). I wouldn't let one person ruin a good thing, especially considering the vast majority are willing to give anything a try and are thankful anyone shares their work.

• I've probably done the most free axe-fx patch to kemper profile conversions on this forum.Unfortunately a very small minority (ie one person) kind of ruined that in the past (some of which was mentioned in another thread).
    I also wanted to gauge the interest for something I'm working on in the future that is going to be absolutely killer.....

Where is any money involved? And who said I was only going to put it up for a certain time? Its attitudes like this why I took down nearly all the ones I did in the past.

Any chance you can email the password to me? I'd like to get the profile downloaded now, but don't plan to get the Kemper until later this year and am unable to PM until I register one on the site. Email: <Removed>