Stevie Ray Vaughan Tone - Axe Fx II XL+ vs. Kemper

• Downloaded the Axe Profile, sounds really good, for my setup (and ears) I dropped the bass (-2.6) and treble (-0.6), upped the Bias and Pure cab. I'm really liking this tone, and marked it as a favorite pretty quickly. I can't say it's massively different than some Morgan profiles I've downloaded from the RE. I have to try the cabinet with a couple of my other rigs.

• Downloaded the Axe Profile, sounds really good, for my setup (and ears) I dropped the bass (-2.6) and treble (-0.6), upped the Bias and Pure cab. I'm really liking this tone, and marked it as a favorite pretty quickly. I can't say it's massively different than some Morgan profiles I've downloaded from the RE. I have to try the cabinet with a couple of my other rigs.

Great to hear. I have yet to buy a Kemper, but having this profile already downloaded for when I do is exciting. How close do you feel it is to SRV's Texas Flood sound relative to other Kemper profiles you've heard?

• The D2 profile would probably be the closest to TF. The profiles are pretty dry, which is personal preference, but I feel like that albums is heavy on verb. Again, to me, with my guitar, it's also bass heavy.

I have a Strat with a Rosewood neck and pickups from a Kenny Wayne Shepard signature Strat, and it's close. Those pickups are a little hot and a little more wide response sounding than a vintage Strat. I also play 9s and don't have SRVs hands and ferocious playing style...

My point is, these profiles will get you very close, but you can't be afraid to tweak them for your gear, ears and style. Don't be discouraged if you fire it up and don't get the mixed and mastered tones of the album.

• The D2 profile would probably be the closest to TF. The profiles are pretty dry, which is personal preference, but I feel like that albums is heavy on verb. Again, to me, with my guitar, it's also bass heavy.

I have a Strat with a Rosewood neck and pickups from a Kenny Wayne Shepard signature Strat, and it's close. Those pickups are a little hot and a little more wide response sounding than a vintage Strat. I also play 9s and don't have SRVs hands and ferocious playing style...

My point is, these profiles will get you very close, but you can't be afraid to tweak them for your gear, ears and style. Don't be discouraged if you fire it up and don't get the mixed and mastered tones of the album.

Gotcha. The guy in the first video added reverb at some point. I suppose we can simply add some reverb from the Kemper to get the sound a bit more album like. I definitely hear you though, I rarely leave settings as they come since various guitars and pickups almost demand a bit of tweaking. I have a Strat with 11's and Lollar Blackface pickups and am confident that it'll get me there with this profile. Lollar makes some fantastic products.

• Well i profiled all amps of the axe fx2 with the current firmware as direct profiles ... maybe you find there what you want ... just check out the free profiles thread or rig exchange

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• From the comments in the "Mary had a little lamb" video.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCAZHAzcV3XjwN7f_M8ZoVQ"
    I adapted the profile to the pickups (van zandt blues) of my stratocaster.
    1. fender super reverb amp (GRStudios free from RM): definition 10, power sagging 3 compressor 0, clarity 6, tube ... 0
    2. EQ: bass 2, middle 5, treble 2, presence 0
    3. Mbritt Cab: MB 212 412 3 (pure cabinet 0)
    4. before the amp: compressor
    5. after the amp: Space, Rev. "

• Now I'm trying to find a right pride and joy tone, but it is more difficult. I can do it only with a ts808 before the Kemper,
    Has anyone been able to create that sound only with kemper?

Exceptional. I think. Tough to hear exactly while playing over the track but sounds really really good.

Please share?

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

Edited once, last by BuckeyeBrown ().