AxeFx "Profiling" vs. KPA

• Re Scott's post. I was just going to post in the suggestions for the KPA a facility for profiling from an isolated guitar track. Wouldn't mind profiling the start of Neil Young's 'Ohio' or Television's 'See no Evil' or the Stones 'Brown Sugar'. I'll still email them with the suggestion. Maybe this will all be somewhat redundant when people successfully start editing profiles to get the sound of a guitar on a record (that dates me, note I don't say 'cd' or 'mp3') as I think Jon G has been trying to do with Led Zeppelin's 'The Ocean'. I think we've come a long way from the JHS 'Rockbox'.

Vintage amp obsessive

• 04 ) I love the KPA UI much more than the AxeFx. Real knobs, LED-rings to show the stored values ...

I always wondered why this awesome feature with the LEDs was already in place of my first V-AMP(!) from Behringer
    but Line6 still hasn't thought of it?! :thumbdown:

• Well this is like a 1st prize for the KPA: Fractal matching to it to show how good the Axe is 8o :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks Cliff! :thumbup: This is an honor!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Ok so the Axefx has some sort of 'profiling' - it should not and will not make any difference to owners of either product. You bought your guitar gear for a specific reason made informed judgements.

The Axefx has a mind boggling amount of parameters and knobs to tweek, The KPA is a smiple one shot device for fingerprinting a amp of choice. horses for courses sound, feel and ease of use.

I'm positive that Chris will come forward with some great updates and enhancements and the future of the Kemper is assured.

Comments from Fractal users that are not positive should be taken in isolation not as a group.

We are still to see what this profiling involves and how good it is? what sacrifices will have to be made, remember there is no mic input so its another cost.

regards.

• Interested to know if it will be just an fx block (like an EQ matching curve) applied to a similar, existing model, or if it will create an independent amp block as tweak-able as a model (or profile)... :?:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Interested to know if it will be just an fx block (like an EQ matching curve) applied to a similar, existing model, or if it will create an independent amp block as tweak-able as a model (or profile)... :?:

"Digital alchemy" was impossible a few months ago, now suddenly it's possible. :D

• In Logic Pro, there is a plug-in called Match EQ. You can have it analyze a selection of a guitar track and apply that EQ curve to your own guitar track and the results can be pretty good. However, I don't see how an Axe-Fx will be able to profile an amplifier or tone and have the same raw organic qualities with the natural high end of the Kemper without starting from scratch. I've owned several Axe-Fx units including the II and not once did I ever get a clean or mid-gain tone that sounds or feels so convincing as the Kemper, there is a compressed quality to every tone I hear from the Axe-Fx that I don't with the Kemper, something is definitely different with the Kemper, for the better IMO.

• The KPA is a simple one shot device for fingerprinting a amp of choice.

I disagree.

I'm not sure whether you've got a KPA yet, when you get it you will quickly realize this is not true.

The Profiles are virtually like an amp sim on any other modelling device, in fact maybe more tweakable because the controls are so smart.
    There's two kinds of tweaking on digital modellers, one is to tweak to fix, and the other is to tweak to improve.

Kemper built an amp, like Marshall and Mesa Boogie build amps, so did he.
    He designed all the elements of an amp in his own way, how the gain works, how the EQ re-acts to adjustments, how it compresses, everything, just like a real amp.

And then, on the 6th day he added Profiling, and on the 7th day he rested. :D