Performance rig doesn't have Browse mode changes

• Hi guys. I've recently started exploring the Performance mode and I noticed an odd thing that I couldn't find anything about in the manual.

I've got a rig I've been using in Browser mode which I'd made some changes to (i think i'd changed some stomps). When i used it in a Performance it would appear that the original Rig was used rather than the edited version and I then had to make the same changes to the Performance version. Am I doing something wrong or is that right and my workflow is atypical? Do most people keep the rigs untouched in Browse mode and only tweak things once in a Performance?

• I've got a rig I've been using in Browser mode which I'd made some changes to (i think i'd changed some stomps). When i used it in a Performance it would appear that the original Rig was used rather than the edited version and I then had to make the same changes to the Performance version. Am I doing something wrong or is that right and my workflow is atypical? Do most people keep the rigs untouched in Browse mode and only tweak things once in a Performance?

Could it be that you have 2 Rigs with the same (or similar) name in the browser pool?

Edited Rigs which are copied to a performance have the origin setting at first.

• I have a doubt too...
    In these days I am starting to work on the performance mode and have created a couple of performances.
    In case by mistake I cancel a rig present in the performance in browser mode, will that rig still be present in the performance or there will be a hole ? Thank you

• Thanks for all the responses. :)

the rigs in perform mode are copies of the ones in browse mode.
    after you set up your performances you can delete all rigs in browse mode and still use your performances.

That's what i thought but my experience is that they aren't a copy of the browse mode rig, they are a copy of the original rig as it was imported into the profiler and any edits in browse mode only exist in browse mode. This appears to be what Sharry is saying too...

Edited Rigs which are copied to a performance have the origin setting at first.

So if i like a rig and want it in multiple performances but don't want any of the FX on it, do i have to remove the FX in each performance rather than editing it once in browse mode and copying the edited version to each performance?

This seems like a mistake as it means browse mode edits can't be used in a performance slot. At the moment I'm just playing with stomps but i can see it getting more tedious if i've tweaked loads of parameters as well.

Is there a simple way of copying an edited profile between performances without manual editing? I've not really explored the copy and paste stuff yet. Does that work at a rig level? For some reason i'd thought it was only for smaller parts like amp, or a stomp, etc.

• Is there a simple way of copying an edited profile between performances without manual editing? I've not really explored the copy and paste stuff yet. Does that work at a rig level? For some reason i'd thought it was only for smaller parts like amp, or a stomp, etc.

Its possible to copy rigs in the performance mode with copy/paste.
    I do not understand your problem really.
    The browser pool of rigs has nothing to do with the rigs in the Performance mode.
    You can transfer from one mode to the another without any changes (in different ways) but they are stored in a different storage place - if you have stored after editing ;) .

• Are you sure that you stored the rigs after editing them in browse mode before you loaded them into the performance?

Yep! I've been using the same Browse mode rig for a while. I'm still quite new to this so i'd just been sticking to Browse mode for a few months before playing with Performance mode. When i added the rig i'd been using i was quite surprised when it was different.

UPDATE: I did a few tests and can't seem to repeat my issue any more. How weird! I have updated OS a couple of times since i created the performance. Maybe it was just a temporary glitch or some oddity relating to having Rig Manager loaded at the time.

Ah well, thanks everyone for the info! :)

• in performance mode can I still control individual slots from my controller like in browse mode? I use a behringer fcb with eurekaprom 3.0

I do not know the eurekaprom 3.0 but generally there is no difference to handle rigs in browse or performance mode.
    The difference is how to reach a rig.

• Yep! I've been using the same Browse mode rig for a while. I'm still quite new to this so i'd just been sticking to Browse mode for a few months before playing with Performance mode. When i added the rig i'd been using i was quite surprised when it was different.
    UPDATE: I did a few tests and can't seem to repeat my issue any more. How weird! I have updated OS a couple of times since i created the performance. Maybe it was just a temporary glitch or some oddity relating to having Rig Manager loaded at the time.

Ah well, thanks everyone for the info! :)

maybe you were using the lock feature at the time. Browse and perform mode each have their own lock settings