1800+ Free Profiles !!! Many DI Profiles of Axe Fx 2, Helix, Vetta and Real Amps for Guitar and Bass, Pedals and Poweramponly Profiles ... enjoy!

• Thanks so much for caring you two ! :) i did my very best.

hopefully soon i have a pretty cool announcement to make. ^^

• Hey! What do think about hte following idea: I know it has been done already but maybe not exactly like this :D. As you might know there are many Singletracks of famous bands online/in youtube ... so what if i matcheq this signal to a amp of my kemper profile pack to get almost the same sound ? The only thing that differes then are amp settigns and the gutiar. but i think that could be a big help for coverbands. The secial thing is i would give you also the profiled i used whil match eqing. My first try is already online https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3sm…0BhCM1g7uasJTCV94zDa?dl=0 ... I made cab that sounded very well with the offered rigs in the daw, sadly the sound of the IRs changed a lot when i loaded them into the kemper so yeah ... let me know what you think please. cheers! :)

Hi, interesting. Did you make a profile from a singletrack? Great Idea!

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Hi, interesting. Did you make a profile from a singletrack? Great Idea!

Yeah i did ! The but problem is always that i need a similar guitar and the same or similar amp as a profile so that it works.

Here i took my jtm45 profile as a source for the Malcom young tone and i got pretty close i think but i would need filtertron pickup to get even closer

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And here i didn't have the same amp so you can clearly hear the difference

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

frequency wise they are pretty much the same but if the amp reacts differently it is not so much the same

so this technique has its flaws but so far it was the closest i got to a source tone ...

another problem is that many recordings do not consist out of just one tone they often mix in other settings of the same amp, different amps d.i. signals, dry signals pedals all kind of stuff so sometimes it is impossible to make THE Acdc tone, the best thing are often live tones of bands

• Hey thanks! Yeah i have it in rig exchange just look for bommel and then Acdc

• Yeah a user asked me for a tone of a band once but i shared it only with him ... it was thee oh sees ... that one was pretty hard to do, as with all bands that use pedals but yeah, it takes incredibly long so i yeah, it was cool to test it out but it takes forever.

If you care i can tell you how to do it

• Yes, would be great to see how it works! I can give you my email via conversation if you like.

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• no problem i'll post it here ^^

First you'll need a similar guitar then the guitarist

then you can look in https://equipboard.com/ what amps the guitarist uses, look now for d.i. profile of that same amp

record a short section of a simlar riff with that amp but without the cab part! ( it sounds horrible but that is important since we make a fitting cab in the second step)

now you need the Guitar track soloed
    look it up in youtube, there are so many singletracks online!

You can also get the guitar track from sites like produce like a pro, they often have files for mixing.

okay now you have the selfrecorded track of your amp profile without a cab and you guitar in the daw

and a singletrack of the sound you want to copy.

use Izotpe ozone to match eq the amp without the cab to the amp.

now save the file ...

Now use Voxego deconvolver, make a sweep (the longer the better, 60sek is fine) and in the sample rate of your project

and load it into the track where the match eq is applied.

Export the affected sweep and load it into the deconvolver.

convert it it a IR, and then via the Kemper cabmaker if you like into kemper cab ... aaand you're done

If you have set it up already it goes relatively fast but all the converting changes the sound a bit, so you have to go back and add eqs to level that out and that takes long ...

and don't forget this has limitations:

1:Often the same song has many different sounds, and amps mixed together. unique pedals

2:The guitar itself makes so much difference

3:the processed signal of an album has much more then just distortion and a frequency curve

often the tracks are compressed also and this is something you need to keep in mind

• okay! time to say what my little project was. I made IRs ! In my studio and in one of the best anchoic chambers in this world, it has next to no reflections down to 50hz and is certified for that and even the close mics sounded different compared to the same cab and mic postition in the studio.

I used the following mics

Neumann TLM 193 (was also used on a Meshuggah album)

Beyerdynamic M160

Shure SM57

Shure SM7B

Beyerdynamic MM1

Blue Hummingbird

Audio technica mb3k

AKG D112

Oktava ML52-02 Dual Ribbon mic

and a Speaker/Mic Conversion to mix in only mids

I will offer 3 cabs and as soon as it is online there will be another suprise for you!

The Band of a friend of mine already used one IR in this Production! check it out!

External Content www.youtube.com

• okay! time to say what my little project was. I made IRs ! In my studio and in one of the best anchoic chambers in this world, it has next to no reflections down to 50hz and is certified for that and even the close mics sounded different compared to the same cab and mic postition in the studio.

Sounds fantastic & pretty unique approach , really looking forward the outcome

Kemper team, I really think it's time to pin this project with the 2 other major contributors :)

Major thx for your efforts Bommel :thumbup:

• Hahaa :D thanks you two! Feel hugged :D

It'll take some time sadly but i have the files already on my pc, everything is done except, exporting and converting the sweeps

and i like to set up a Homepage for it. So yeah the first cab in the studio is completely done, then there are two cabs in the anechoic chamber, another one in the Studio and some specials and yeah the "little suprise" ... but i think i should talk less about it and work more to get it finished ^^

• This sounds interesting!

I have had a hard time to find IRs that sound as 'natural' as the better Kemper Cabs I have.

Not that all sounds bad but I've found that compared with the better profiles I have the IR-based cabs seems 'a bit less'. It's hard to pinpoint what it is but it's like they don't gel with the amp part in the same way...

You are doing some amazing service to this community Bommel, we are so grateful that you are share your findings with us! :thumbup:

• ... oh one last thing, that was pretty mind blowing ... as silly as it might sound but the room mics in the anechoic chamber are amazing!

I converted some to check them out before saving them and while other room mics often have a pretty strange frequency response due to

combfiltering, standingwaves, room modes and so on the chamber is amazing.

Do you know that "amp in the room sound" i always wanted that and never got it. close mics were always too harsh and different, and room mics had too much room coloration, they were simply strange.

In the chamber that is totally different! The room mics sound close and are uncolored of the room so it is like a middle way between close micing and room mics, with the benefits of close micing and without the downsides of room mics ...

The lack of reflections is a good thing because even with normal room micing the IR only saves frequency response and phase that means you get the room coloration but not the roomy feel, that is why i never use room mic irs but in the chamber iwould never hesitate using them. Also in the studio they put cabs and amps on stands u decrease early reflexions. So the need to decrease early reflexions is normal.

The theory behind speakers and acoustics in general also strenghten my opinion about the importance of getting rid of reflexions and are a reason for making IRs in a Anechoic chamber.

Here are some general things i learned, I'm scratching the surface here but maybe it helps:

1.every point on the speaker is a pointsource when close micing you'll hear exactly that this is true. Every 1cm sounds different.

the points add to each other and due to cancellations they for a characteristic. So getting the "amp in the room"-feel with close micing is incredibly hard. so when close micing, mixing two mics to get a bigger image is often a good idea

2. The acoustic center of a 1-way speaker is at the edge of the dust cap, the speaker is very stiff in that region and therefore is translating the

the audiosignal very cleanly. Other places on the Speaker can have flexing, partial movement and so on. That doesn't mean it can't sound good but it differs a lot from the actual toneof the speaker.

3. Imagine making a IR that has room resonance in it, when you play live there is also a room so you double the amount for room coloration.

When you mic live you have the same problem + bleed and it will always sound different. Also if you add a reverb in post that is also colored you also double the room impact.

4. The curvature of the soundwave close to the source is very high, that causes phase issues on the mic capsule. Imagine one impulse hitting the center of the mic but since the soundwave is very curved it hits longer the mic since the rest of the wave will hit the borders of the membrane slightly later. Therefore the Impulse is not properly recreated on the mic. You can solve this by backing off the mic since the soundwave expands the curvature will get lesser and the impulse is recreated more properly with a better phase. But in normal rooms this is not possible because the difference in loudness will be not as much from direct sound to room sound and here is teh anechoic chamber unbeatable.

5. The room is incredibly important! While my IRs inside the anechoic chamber looked like the ones on the homepage. i messed up one measurement completely just because i forgot to close the door, the bass response increased drastically. So especially with room mics don't get lazy be very exact here

6. Loudness is important. The speaker doesn't have ONE Frequency curve that is the same with every loudness or even ohm.

the speaker breakup introduces such a different response it is incredible ... so if you record your amp keep that in mind the same micing and amp settings can be drastically different on a different volume even with solid state amps since teh speaker will also work differently.

7.I meansured many speakers and sometimes the same speaker had a very different sound when it was the 8ohms and the 16 ohms version.

So if you like to buy a speaker and you're like "this is the sound i like but not 100% how it want it" try the other ohm version and you'll be suprised... maybe you're luck and that will fit your needs more.

8.Ever heard the phrase "which speaker on your cab sound the best?" i did testings in the anechoic chamber and it is more the inconsistency of micing the cab when doing the micing process again. Like i said before, every point on the speaker is a point source and 1cm can make more of change in sound then you think when you closemic a cab.

9. This is the most important thing i have to mention: I love being nerdy with stuff like this, but at the end of a day the most important thing is being creative and having fun. Everything that fits your taste counts...A friend of mine put a sm57 in a waterproof bag and put that inside a full beer glass and put that in front of his marshall. Does it make sense? No, but it was fun, and creative. For me it is the same with the anechoic chamber stuff, this is how i have fun. Play. Playing doesn't mean following rules until it is more work and more like rocket science. Do what you like and have fun. My tipps here are just how i like to do it.

• What size Lab coat do you wear? I'm convinced you deserve one. This is so cool.

Now you can create an OD open door or CD closed door effect.

It sounds like it could produce the effect you might get from a close back or open back cab.

I guess you've already started on the Audio Hologram where you can project your rig any where in the hall.

Bommel Rocks.8)

Bommel's plan is to resume his IR capturing, as soon as the USAF removes their friggin' KC-46 Pegasus from his studio. Bommel, you should never have leased out your studio. Lesson learned?

• What size Lab coat do you wear? I'm convinced you deserve one. This is so cool.

Now you can create an OD open door or CD closed door effect.

It sounds like it could produce the effect you might get from a close back or open back cab.

I guess you've already started on the Audio Hologram where you can project your rig any where in the hall.

Bommel Rocks.8)

^^^^^^ ahhh it is not that special what i know, i did my speaker measurement with the authors of "physik der elektrogitarre" (zollner/Zwicker "physics of the electric guitar" and oh man these guys

were incredible, their knowledge is so far ahead ... man these guys should be youtubers but yeah :D

Bommel's plan is to resume his IR capturing, as soon as the USAF removes their friggin' KC-46 Pegasus from his studio. Bommel, you should never have leased out your studio. Lesson learned?

^^^^^^

oh man i wish the anechoic chamber was mine :D