"Browse Input/Output Presets"?

• My buddy recently got a Kemper after I wore him down and told him to make the plunge. Of course he loves it and he's been fiddling with it since he got it to learn all of the details.

He brought this to my attention and I never knew about this function nor can I find anything about it when I google it or in the manuals- When you push either the "input" or "output" buttons to go to their respective menus, if you use the "Browse" knob it takes you to a Input or Output Preset option.

These give you the option to set the entire unit up for Low, medium or high output pickups (when in the input section) and when in the output section it has you set the unit up as "Basic Home Studio", "Live w/2 monitors", Live w/Guitar Cab, etc....

I haven't had a chance to run through these yet, but what is the deal with this? Anyone know what I'm talking about? With my luck you ALL know about it and I've been in the dark this whole time... :P

Thanks!

• I use different output settings (EQ that is) for switching between my own cab and the cab in the rehearsing room that has a different sound. This way I can have similar sound without having to make copy of rigs for each cab.
    I didn't know about the input settings.

• Like @MetalMauce, I use various output settings for (3) different cabs. I can't remember where I got the info from and you are right, @evilevoix, there is scant information in the reference manual.
    There is, however, mention of both the input and output settings in the Basics & Profiling Guide (I only know that because I've just looked!)

• There is however one big disadvantage in output settings savingfunction compared to rigs.
    In case of rigs you can choose to replace a setting.
    When saving output sections settings there is no such thing so every time you save it after making small adjustments it will save a new output-profile.
    And with rigs you can see the creation date which is not in the output settings the case.
    So if you don't change the name you will end up with multiple output profiles with the same name. My guess is the last in the list with the same name is the most recent one.

• Go to the wikpa site - great info on input settings and why you may want to save presets..

Always remember to lock input once you've got it set (or have selected your preset) for your instrument...

Si