Export / import performances via USB

• This is something I am really missing. I have two Kempers, a toaster for use at home and a rack version which is in the rehearsal room. What I want to do is to setup my performances at home with the toaster, export them to a USB stick and import them into my second unit at the rehearsal room without the need of a PC/Laptop.

• Wouldn't I lose my output settings by using the backup method? They are different for both rigs as one is the live rig with a DXR-10 speaker and the other is the home/studio rig with studio monitors. For example I have a output EQ in the studio rig to make the studio monitors sound similar to the live setup and also different volume settings and so on...

• Wouldn't I lose my output settings by using the backup method? They are different for both rigs as one is the live rig with a DXR-10 speaker and the other is the home/studio rig with studio monitors. For example I have a output EQ in the studio rig to make the studio monitors sound similar to the live setup and also different volume settings and so on...

You could save the output EQ settings as presets and easily retrieve them.

• I think exporting/importing performances via USB sticks (in exactly the same fashion as with individual rigs) is an absolute must. The backup method currently available is extremely slow and inconvenient ...

• Users are living without this "absolute must" since years!? Performances do have a fixed location 1-125. If you import five Performances you could overwrite existing Performances. That's why Performances can only be exported and imported via Rig Manager, which allows to paste them into a specific location. Rigs and presets are different.

You have the choice to work with backup/restore or bring your notebook to the rehearsal room.

• A simple import strategy for performances via USB might consist of asking the user, in the beginning of the import process, at which performance location should the imported performances start. The user could overwrite existing performances if he/she wished to do so. The backup/restore method just overwrites absolutely everything, which, anyway, is extremely slow (including the tedious system check/restart). The fact that users have been living without this "absolute must" for years, does not mean that the backup/restore option is convenient: it is simply the only option. Anyway, thank you for your response.

• As mentioned above, importing Performances is possible via Rig Manager!

If you could import a bunch of Performances e. g. 5,17, 29,110,....another 17.... via USB memory stick, there might be plenty of - even iterative -conflicts and potential overwrites. How do you know, which Performance 17 gets imported first and which second, consequently, which Performance is overwriting which? This is a rat hole! The only way to keep reasonable oversight is Rig Manager, which gives you effective visibility of the consequences.

A complete restore/restart with the backup including my personal setup takes exactly 4 minutes. Why is this too long to prepare for a concert? You probably don't intend to import Performances between two songs, correct?