Broken clip on cable end - Solution results in dim light on Remote

• The little plastic tab that kept my remote cable plugged into the back of my KPA broke so I bought a double female coupler, taped it to the broken end then attached an old network cable. Thought I'd solved it rather easily even if the damn coupler cost $23.00 for something that probably cost less than a dollar to make.

All features of remote seem to be working fine but the light in the display and all the buttons are about 50% dimmer than usual.

I suppose the old network cable is the wrong type or something and that information is being communicated but just not full power but not sure.

Anyone else had or heard of this experience?

• I have noticed the same thing with Neutrik Ethercon D- shape panel connectors that I installed in my feedthrough panel. For some reason KPA doesn't have enough juice to deal with the added resistance that the connector introduces. I have solved the issue by using PoE injector. That way I can also use much longer cables with the remote without the display dimming.

• The cable is the weak point in the remote's design IMO. Most of the time I just use a simple CAT5 cable that is left over from computer use.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer