Remote lost connection

• I am on the latest stable firmware (5.2)

Yesterday I played throug a bunch of profiles both in performance an browse mode. After about a little over 2 hours I decided to use the looper and a couple of minutes later the remote lost connection and couldn't reestablish it. The display was on but no connection.

I tried changing the cable without success. After rebooting the Kemper everything was back to normal.

Anyone else had that happening?

• I haven't had it happen to this extent, but I have had it happen to where I was in performance mode and tried switching between my rigs for a performance and it wouldn't change. I banked up to a new performance, selected a rig in it, then banked back down to the one that was having issues and then it started working again. Not sure what caused it but seems like a small bug in the OS.

• Someone from Kemper asked me to submit a ticket when I expressed in a different thread that this had happened to me. For me it happened while connected to my laptop with Rig Manager running and me flipping through performance rigs.

I can't find it anymore but someone said they thought it was power related that the Kemper didn't have enough power to use the USB port and the power the remote at the same time. No idea if this is the case.

• Hm, never had this issue and when i am playing i always have my remote and rm with laptop on.
    One week after buying the remote the original cable was defect. I used a normal cat 5 cable until i get a original spare cable and everything works fine. I recomment to open a support ticket if you have this issue again. Maybe you can make make a backup when the issue commes up and you can send it to the kpa guys. I dont know if a defect profile could be the problem.

• Someone from Kemper asked me to submit a ticket when I expressed in a different thread that this had happened to me. For me it happened while connected to my laptop with Rig Manager running and me flipping through performance rigs.

I can't find it anymore but someone said they thought it was power related that the Kemper didn't have enough power to use the USB port and the power the remote at the same time. No idea if this is the case.

I don't think the Kemper draws power for the USB connection. It does supply power to the Remote though. I wonder if some kind of conflict happens with respect to the communication protocol on account of both sending and receiving data on the ethernet port and the USB port, respectively.

• @Robman - When did you buy your Kemper and remote, wonder if this is a new issue. My Kemper was built in March of this year. My remote was bundled with the Kemper. I have a Power Rack. Have you reported this to Kemper?

If everyone who is having a problem with remote connection and those who are not can share some status of their OS, Kemper build date, Remote build date, steps to recreate the problem, and report it to Kemper that would help solve this quicker.

I am going to be using the Kemper and remote for practice on Wednesday I would really like it if we could solve this before we start gigging.

• My remote loses connection 5 or 6 times every gig. I usually have to unplug it and then plug back in at the back of the remote to get it going again

I would suggest to try another cable.
    At the one side shorter, if possible, at the other side with thicker cores (AWG 24 or less)
    I think the powersupply for the indicators and the LED's is the reason why Kemper gives limits for the lenght for the cable.
    You can try to clean the contacts with a clean air spray or with a contact spray for electronic when it is unpowered.

If a shut down of the Kemper is neccessary I would also suggest to contact the support.