First gig straight to FoH - Results!

• Hi,

So overall this was a great success. The FOH man had never seen a Kemper but was happy to work with me and I got to the venue good and early. Ultimately after all the discussions on how hot was too hot I started at -22dB but ended up giving him a feed of -8dB!

The clarity of the guitar was better than my previous run of gigs using my Engl Ironball and pedals.....in fact it was so clear that there are a couple of solos where I need to re-address my playing as some slightly fudged live performances I had got away with were painfully present to hear in the mix!

That takes me to profiles. I did have a Kemper back in 2013 and had bought some commercial profiles....not going to name names as don't want to be misinterpreted, but they didn't work for me.

This gig I mainly used variants of the "Slash Tone" I found on the rig manager years ago as I enjoyed its very dynamic nature - Marshall AFD? I can't find it on Rig Manager so I'll need to go to the studio to hook up to see the author etc. My band is prog rock verging on metal in places but heavy rock sounds probably describe what I use mainly. It worked pretty well, but it was a bit more screamy and mid range harsh than I would go for normally.....not quite "cocked wah" but getting there in places and finding an alternative without that is my next step.

People rave about the Michael Britt rigs.....and I don't know if they were ever there before but I've just noticed a 2017 rig pack with his work. So is it fair to assume the quality should be there in the ones Kemper supply....so that's a good place to try MB higher gain rigs?

If I love one of more rigs I guess I'll either be sorted or back on here asking which of his packs I should purchase for more along those lines...

Perhaps I should've started new thread....which MB rigs in the 2017 Kemper Rig Pack do you like best?

Also I have a couple of examples of our other guitarist's lead tone....live and in his practice room.....if anyone would be able to match that to something on Rig Manager that would be amazing.....but I won't upload if there are no takers!

Cheers,
    Andy

• You'll find your tone. I suggest running through all the Rig Packs (now seen via Rig Manager) as a starting point. There's enough there to figure out who's rigs work the best for you. There are some gems hiding in the Rig Exchange, but you have to take the time to weed through them. Remember to audition them with proper volume ;)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Thanks - I downloaded the MB pack onto my computer and imported into rig manager ready to go to the studio.

I've looked in RM and can see the rig packs with the number of rigs in brackets...but when I click on the pack on the left, there are no rigs in the window on the right.

I know I'm behind the times....but what am I doing wrong?