Rabea is down With the kemper being able to mimic an amp

• I've done many more axe tests since posting. Similar conclusions now, plenty clear. I really don't know why people say axe sounds "digital" either, but I think it has more to do with the included cab sims than much else.

I've profiled about 20-30 real tube amps up now, in total. Dunno exact number. But many. And through torpedo too, others, real cabs, direct/studio, blah blah, EQs, you name it. I can set up a real super lead, profile it, and there's a certain "tonal imprint" on the profile, very close to how the kemper profile of an axe super lead is -- it's what I think of as "kemper tone".

Is it "subtle"? I think yes. Is it there? Yes; I have no reason to think otherwise. Does it matter? On that end, I can only talk about myself and what I value in my tone/what basis I use for these evaluative judgement.

Edited 3 times, last by Dimi84 ().

• I've done many more axe tests since posting. Similar conclusions now, plenty clear. I really don't know why people say axe sounds "digital" either, but I think it has more to do with the included cab sims than much else.

I've profiled about 20-30 real tube amps up now, in total. Dunno exact number. But many. And through torpedo too, others, real cabs, direct/studio, blah blah, EQs, you name it. I can set up a real super lead, profile it, and there's a certain "tonal imprint" on the profile, very close to how the kemper profile of an axe super lead is -- it's what I think of as "kemper tone".

Is it "subtle"? I think yes. Is it there? Yes; I have no reason to think otherwise. Does it matter? On that end, I can only talk about myself and what I value in my tone/what basis I use for these evaluative judgement.

Let me get this straight, you think the AxeFX doesn't sound digital, but the Kemper does? O_o