Hi from London

• Hello thread and thanks for the welcome. :)

Well so far I've only bought the Top Jimmy Brown sound profile which just about nails that sound and I also went for the Top jimmy DI BASS pack which is great. There are some good DI profiles on board but with the top Jimmy one that gives you a little bit more flexibility.

Actually I ended up with the white toaster version and surprisingly enough at night with all the coloured LEDs I think it looks fantastic in a way I've never seen a photograph so thumbs up for that one if you like your aesthetics. Which of course we do.... definitely worth a mention if you ever thought the white toaster didn't look as good as the green. Hope this gets to you before you leap.

I got the unpowered version and was in two minds but since I'm a sound engineer and I've got X amount of powered mid tops and subs... that suits me down to the ground apart from the weight of decent mid tops. Incidentally it's interesting looking at full range cabinets from this side of the fence rather than from a sound engineer. These days even the cheapest brands are making decent sounding boxes (really not pro sound by Maplins though. They really must've struggled hard at the art of making that box sound absolutely dreadful ). If I were to start again I'll probably go for an RCF 310a or 312A. I've installed them on many budget conscious venues and they're fantastic boxes. Really light and really reliable. Let that be my contribution.

At the moment I'm currently going through the whole which expression pedal and if I'm honest I haven't found that thread yet that explains it.

I've had a look at the mix Berlin profiles and a couple of those are really good and they are giving away a free one as well, check them out.

To be honest so far she's been pressed into service on various bass tracks and I just pick a vox sound for rhythm and they sound absolutely awesome in the mix I haven't really had chance to go through the presets as there are just so many.... as always.

I got back into guitar after a gap of about 20 years and everything I tried from decent Line 6 stuff to the Bias stuff, which I nearly bought completely into, just doesn't sound natural through studio monitors from the get go and it was one of those things that eventually I just had to give in and buy something decent. Guitar is just one thing I'm programming in situ.

In my opinion my friend what you're buying is something that sounds as it should do. I have no buyers remorse as it's simply that it's starting from a place which is acceptable. I'm truly amazed at other companies that don't just start from the same place and I had to actually spend this kind of money on a product to get just that. I have a zoom BT100 60 quid pedal which I used before the Kemper. amazing little thing.

I'm about in town once in a while. Pm me and let's chat.

Have you bought one yet then?

Malc

• Hi Malc,
    Nice to hear the white toaster looks great in the nighttime. I don't know exactly why, but I do prefer the white...It just looks "alien" to me if that makes any sense...like engineered in some other galaxy. It seems to inspire me creatively. I've put a deposit on a white unit and it's supposed to arrive for shipment to me in about 10 days or so. I'm looking so forward to receiving it. I ordered the unpowered version as well.

Sure, I'll pm you and hopefully next time you're in town we can meet up for a chat and a pint and talk all things recording and guitar related. Glad to see you got back into guitar after such a long break from it. UPDATE: Malc, I just tried to click on your profile so as to pm you but the system is denying me access. Do you know why this might be? Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Apols, I'm new to this forum.

Cheers,
    IG

• Me to. It seems not everywhere is open access here, dunno! I haven't spent much time on here yet but will do as time goes on. Anyone any answers on that one?

There are some quirky things regarding the OS that'll need to be figured out that aren't as straight forward as I would've thought that I might be pestering fellow kemper owners about :)

Yeah I know it's a sin. I was a sound engineer for a long time serving others in there quest but now back in the drivers seat.

Are you looking into pedal world at all?

Yep the white is very sweet with the LEDS's, you'll be pleased.

Malc.

• Yes, hopefully someone will chime in on the messaging issue. As to the pedal world.. Yes, I'm starting to think about that actually. I'm wondering if I need Kempers Foot Controller. Some people have said (in another thread I have going) that maybe I don't need the foot controller quite yet.. and that I might even be able to use a third party one? I really don't know how these things interface with each other and whether a third party solution would work very well. But all in all, I think I'll be blown away even without fx pedals and the like. I'd just be happy with some really good classic tones from classic amps. With that said, I would like to add a bit of creativity of my own into the mix, so I might look deeper into it. Do you have any pedals that maybe I should consider getting?

IG

• Ah.. all clear.

Well from what I can gather the mission pedal company have a dedicated one which is way... expensive and there's the Dunlop DVP3 I think that is as good. I don't know how they differ though. Expression pedals! People seem to be discussing cheaper options, the Yamaha FC7 and a few others. Don't know the pros and cons as such yet apart from pedal reach and stuff. Without the kemper I use the wampler pinnacle for heavy gain stuff with a zoom for effects. Ooooooo what a noise, though any amp I might mention. This'll be my first profile I'll be making as I need this one for live stuff.

Yeah I'll for sure be delving deeper myself to. I've had half decent results with the acoustic presets by the way...

I have the foot controller and yes it is pleasing to have but I can't really see any specific benefits that make it a have to have item! loopers cool though as you can overdub your loops but maybe this can be done through midi as well.... don't know fully as yet, I'll let you know. One thing I really... love bout the kemper is although you have a tuner page there is a mini, three light display tuner above the chicken knob for instant fine tuning. I use this constantly without having to switch to the tuner preset... you have this on the remote as well which... IS handy but that's about it.

So when is she arriving then.. :)

• Thanks for all the above. She's arriving...let's see... last week around Friday I think it was, the sales guy said he had to order in the white lunchbox version and that it would take about 10 days to 2 weeks. So hopefully by the 23rd it will ship and take a day to get to my place in SW London. Quite excited to plug into it!

I'm happy to hear you've had reasonable luck with the acoustic presets. Oh..If you think you'll be in the Wimbledon area anytime, do let me know and we can perhaps meet up at one of the local pubs around me if your schedule permits. The Hand in Hand or the Crooked Billet are good.

Cheers,
    IG