Free BE100 Rig - Pickup Test - Please Participate - Scorpions Rock You Like a Hurricane

• As mentioned in the other thread I am looking at replacing the stock pickups in my 2011 Gibson Les Paul Studio, bridge is a 498T.

Too many out there to choose, haha!

I was thinking if we could get many guitar and pickups playing the same profile it would be nice to have a database of the recordings to compare.

I searched the web for a catchy rock song and Scorpions Rock You Like a Hurricane was the first to come up so...I don't play this stuff but it was not too hard (if I'm doing it right) so I thought it would be a good one to use.

I'll go first:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Please do state the make, model and pickup used.

:)

• Ok, fun game, curious to hear different guitar/pickups with the same profile.

So, Eclipse E-II, with SH-4 JB, ...half step down here:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Three different PUPs ... :)

Dimarzio D-Activator

Dimarzio Paff

Gibson 498T LP Studio

Edited 2 times, last by Fluehue ().

• Pretty interesting so far!

Here is my main guitar, Washburn HM24 with a Lundgren M6 bridge pickup:

• Not sure how useful these are, as I don't think the pickups are available separate from the guitars, but here are the stock bridge humbuckers in my Charvel Guthrie Govan and Fretking Geoff Whitehorn signature models

• Welcome. :)
    I think the statement is in reference to the refining process while profiling.

The guitar, pickup, strings and even technique matter very much to the final sound.

You are probably correct now that I think about it. It was concerning the creation of the profile rather than playing the created profile.

• Stock Mayones Duvell Elite in Drop B

• Here is my ESP LTD MH-1000 with Bare Knuckle Juggernauts in it :)

• It's My Gibson 2016 Les Paul Standard with Bustbucker Pro.

I added palm mute play.
    I thought it was an important part of tone checking.

Edited once, last by Joon0305: SoundCloud Link Error ().

• Epiphone Les Paul Standard with Irongear Tesla Shark pickup:

Fender Standard Stratocaster (Mexican) with Seymour Duncan JB pickup:

• Yamaha Pacifica (fretless) with stock humbucker pickup.

Please don't sue me if you get hearing damage from the out-of-tuneness of this clip :D

• External Content soundcloud.com

Th wilkinson is in a less Paul the other two are in Alder Strats. This is really interesting as I didn't touch or modify the Profile with any EQ and this leads me to conclude/Confirm that the amp is the largest contributor to the actual tone. This by no means minimizes the clear difference in tone with the type of guitar, the Less Paul type guitar has a distinctive growl that can't be duplicated by strats with humbuckers. The good thing is that they're almost all in the same ball park except for the Barre knuckle pickups. They seem to have a unique thick bottom sound unless the profile was modified with EQ.

Thanks for doing this, it's fun and enlightening. I might end up buying more pickups :D

Edited once, last by Dean_R ().