Kemper seems to remember last settings used ..is there an auto save feature?

• Hi,
    I have been recording a lot with my Kemper and tweaking sounds for that purpose. It seems that the Kemper is saving the tweaks and overwriting my settings for my performances in the process. How do set the Kemper to not save any changes unless I hit the save button?

Thanks!

Powered Rack / Windows 10

• Are you sure your tweaks aren't simply sitting in flash-RAM buffers?

Recall a different Performance preset and then switch back to the existing one to be sure.

This "advice" applies to all presets and Rigs in the KPA. AFAIK, the last Rig used, along with all its unsaved tweaks, survives the switching-off-and-back-on process, simple as that. I assumed this applies to Performances too in order to answer your question 'cause my chicken knob's never ventured into Performance territory.

Hmm... that last sentence sure could be interpreted the wrong way. :D

• I think the kpa didnt save changes in performance mode. You have to press the store button. Other wise your changes are gone when you change the performance and you go back to the performance where you tweaked.

• It seems that the Kemper is saving the tweaks and overwriting my settings for my performances in the process. How do set the Kemper to not save any changes unless I hit the save button?

The Profiler does keep all 5 Rigs of a Performance in RAM when switching between slots, unless you're switching to another Performance OR switch via Remote/MIDI. This behavior is intended and described in the manual.

• Mine has the same problem. Kemper Stage, latest O/S. If you change a rig in performance mode - that's it. You can go back and forth between performances, turn the unit off and back on again - it keeps the new rig. I can't even find the old one.

• Sorry Burkhard, I have 7.0.7.14990 and it DOES stick. I'm not lying.

Maybe record a quick video of it?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Sorry Burkhard, I have 7.0.7.14990 and it DOES stick. I'm not lying.

Did you use Rig Manager to „edit“? In this case, edits do apply to the „loaded“ Performance and to the stores one as well.

The best thing ypu can do is to open a support ticket and describe exactly what you do - this way we can either identify a buf or clarify the issue.

• Hello,

Meteoroz are you talking about this problem?

https://youtu.be/nxgZZ5yPgh4

Yep, looks like one and the same issue. I was only talking about amps/rigs though.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Believe me now??

• Did you use Rig Manager to „edit“? In this case, edits do apply to the „loaded“ Performance and to the stores one as well.

The best thing ypu can do is to open a support ticket and describe exactly what you do - this way we can either identify a buf or clarify the issue.

timo it doesn't make any difference whether you load the rig from Rig Manager, or with Browse, it's permanent once you've loaded it.

• support:

"thank you for your email. The behavior you are describing is totally normal for any PROFILER model and intended.

Every time you load a rig or a performance it is loaded into the edit buffer. Any changes that are applied to the edit buffer will be active until you load a different rig in browse mode or a different performance in perform mode because the content of the edit buffer is replaced with the new rig or performance at that time.

The edit buffer survives a restart which is actually a great feature if you happen to forget to store a performance or a rig before powering the unit down. You can simply store the rig or performance right after the restart before you load a different rig or performance into the edit buffer."

• timo it doesn't make any difference whether you load the rig from Rig Manager, or with Browse, it's permanent once you've loaded it.

I watched the Video. Actually, you are not changing performances. This is the preselection of performances! Unfortunately it's not visible in the video, but the LEDS for 1-5 are blinking to inform you that you would need to select a slot to complete the performance change.

A performance only changes when you select a slot (there are other modes available, but you are in "preselection" mode).

This is a feature to allow you to - hence the name - preselect a performance whilst playing to the audience and hit the slot to change the actual sound.

When you are actually change a performance (hit [UP}, then [1], then [DOWN] and [1] you will see the performance is back how it was originally saved. It is NOT permanent.

btw.: if you make some noise with your guitar, you can hear when rigs are being switched.

• I think you're right. Until you hit the slot you're in this kind of limbo mode. But you have to change to another performance, then hit a different slot, then go back to see your original, saved, rig returned.

• I'm very new Kemper user and have a question about Performance mode as well:

At rehearsals I tweaked my Performance Profiles. At Slot 1 I added Tubescreamer to Stomp Switch 1, then I moved to Slot 3 to add Delay and Reverb to Stomp Switches. When I went back to Slot 1, it didn't remember the Stomp Switch 1. Therefore I have to save edits in Slot that is chosen, before I can move to other slot inside the Performance.

Is this normal? Feels a little "non-intuitive"

My Kemper Head has OS7.0.7

Gear: Kemper Profiler | Neural DSP Plugins
    Guitars: .Strandberg*

• from the manual p.238

While navigating Slots within a Performance via the PAGE buttons of the PROFILER Stage, or the left and right RIG navigation cross buttons of the other PROFILER variants, any modifications (e.g. loading another Rig, or cranking up Gain) are interpreted as editing, and will be retained until you move to another Performance. Don’t forget to storebefore you load another Performance, if you want to make those modifications permanent.

Performance Mode 238

As soon as you load another Slot from your foot controller, or foot buttons of the PROFILER Remote or Stage, any former modifications within that Performance are interpreted as temporary tweaks during a live performance and will be discarded immediately. If, for example, you had activated a booster in module B, or increased Delay Mix via pedal, any such changes will be lost if you switch Slots remotely. This way, you can always be sure that Slots will be loaded in their original, predictable state during live performances.

• from the manual p.238

While navigating Slots within a Performance via the PAGE buttons of the PROFILER Stage, or the left and right RIG navigation cross buttons of the other PROFILER variants, any modifications (e.g. loading another Rig, or cranking up Gain) are interpreted as editing, and will be retained until you move to another Performance. Don’t forget to storebefore you load another Performance, if you want to make those modifications permanent.

Performance Mode 238

As soon as you load another Slot from your foot controller, or foot buttons of the PROFILER Remote or Stage, any former modifications within that Performance are interpreted as temporary tweaks during a live performance and will be discarded immediately. If, for example, you had activated a booster in module B, or increased Delay Mix via pedal, any such changes will be lost if you switch Slots remotely. This way, you can always be sure that Slots will be loaded in their original, predictable state during live performances.

Makes sense now! Thank you!

Gear: Kemper Profiler | Neural DSP Plugins
    Guitars: .Strandberg*