Looking for an octavia type sound

• It's an octavia sound, something like the solo on Purple Haze or solo on KWS Blue on Black. It has the octave up added in but it sort of has a nasty sound to it. Anything I've tried sounds to sterile. We play both of these in our band and I would love to get something somewhat close without addition pedals. My guess would be to use the rectoshaper, the description seems correct but I can't figure it out,

Does anyone know some examples of this type of sound on rig exchange I could try.

Thanks!

• It's an octavia sound, something like the solo on Purple Haze or solo on KWS Blue on Black. It has the octave up added in but it sort of has a nasty sound to it. Anything I've tried sounds to sterile. We play both of these in our band and I would love to get something somewhat close without addition pedals. My guess would be to use the rectoshaper, the description seems correct but I can't figure it out,

Does anyone know some examples of this type of sound on rig exchange I could try.

Thanks!

Key is to combine the Recti Shaper with a Fuzz DS. The Rectishaper is like the Octavia pedal, only without the fuzz. Then with the drive knob of the Recti Shaper, you determine the amount of octave, with the drive of the Fuzz DS the amount of fuzz.

Check the rig I attached to this post for an example. Good luck!

• Sounds really good, much better than what I've been using. When I get a chance I'll do something like this from scratch and play around with the parameters just for a learning assignment if nothing else.

Thank You! Very Much appreciated! :)

• yep I got a purple haze tone in one of my commercial pack : you can achieve the same results with built in recti and fuzz stomps as stated above, they can give some great results on clean or mid distorted amps profiles.

I fount the 25€ behringer SF300 (clone pedal from a boss fuzz)to be very good for old type 60's fuzzes (preset 1) while preset2 is more Fumanchu style.