Question About Cleaning Up Cabinets

• I've decided that it's time to rid my KPA of some of the cabinets that I never use. My plan is to use the backup and restore method. I'll make a backup onto my USB stick, open it in my PC, delete the cabinets that I don't need, and then restore the backup, minus the cabinets. This is the fastest method that I know of, to rid my KPA of clutter. I've done this previously, and it works great. My question before doing this again,

Are the cabinets used in browser and performance rigs, stored inside of the actual .kipr rig file, as oppose to being stored in the "Cabinets" folders?

I'd hate to delete a cabinet that is needed for one of my rigs.

• I've seen this advice given many times here before, Paul, and yet when I outlined the procedure a month ago I was told by a member of the team to not encourage folks to do this; Kemper apparently doesn't want us to "tamper" with .kpabackup files. My post was deleted by a mod.

So, Dave, just letting you know that according to the team you edit said file/s at your own risk. Whatever you do, do not zip the edited file before renaming it with the .kpabackup suffix; it's a .tar file, and must be compressed accordingly.

That said, the warning was that unpredictable anomalous behaviour of the KPA could result, and editing of the file is strongly discouraged.

• Thanks for the info. I can understand the developers concerns regarding this method. It could easily result in more problems than on started with. I've used this process a couple time before, fortunately, with no negative results.

Given the choice between deleting cabs one at a time, or in one go using this method, I think I'll take my chances...