Any commercial Marshall Major profiles out there for Frusciante tone?

• I tried a few free ones on rig exchange by I believe flyingsnowman and they are the closest to frusciantes tone I've gotten so thanks snowman! While they are pretty good, I was hoping someone might know of a more in depth commercial set?
    Thanks!

• Thread Title was changed after i wrote this :)
    Well dont we need a Marshall Major????
    I cant find it any where.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Did you find the Eric Geurts profiles that were on Rig Exchange? Search for that author - paste it in - he has 77 profiles on RE and a bunch are DI profiles of a marshall major, straight and with some drive in front. Pair them with some good cabs from DS or others and you are golden. They are excellent IMO.

• http://www.dawsons.co.uk/blog/john-frusciante-gear-get-sound

' Guitar Amps
    In general, Frusciante plays through Marshall stacks to get his sound. His main amp is a Marshall Silver Jubilee 25/55 100W, which he has used extensively for both studio and stage since the Californication tour. A new Jubilee line of Marshall heads and combos has just been released, so it’s not too difficult to get the right sound even if you’re not rocking stadiums (yet)!
    The other amp that was extensively used on Californication and beyond was a Marshall Major 200 Watt, often paired with an old 1965 Marshall JTM45 – they’re pretty hard to come by but the new Marshall CODE series has that sound built in. Occasionally, he does depart from Marshall amps, and for By The Way utilised a “big Fender spring reverb from the 60’s“. Something like this would do the trick nicely…'

Personally , I'd start with Michael Britts JTM45

• Maybe @godi/Katzbach will profile some, although based on recent rig rundowns most authentic may need some dual amping techniques (major & silver jubilee or major & fender).

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Did you find the Eric Geurts profiles that were on Rig Exchange? Search for that author - paste it in - he has 77 profiles on RE and a bunch are DI profiles of a marshall major, straight and with some drive in front. Pair them with some good cabs from DS or others and you are golden. They are excellent IMO.

Thanks mate! I also sell other Major profiles now, not the ones that are in Rig Exchange, but better ones, made with better equipment (treble boosters etc). Really gets the Marshall Major sound and the early Blackmore sound. Here's more info: www.flyingsnowman.com/kemper . And today is Black Friday, so there is 40% OFF of the normal price, until Sunday night!

• I tried a few free ones on rig exchange by I believe flyingsnowman and they are the closest to frusciantes tone I've gotten so thanks snowman! While they are pretty good, I was hoping someone might know of a more in depth commercial set?
    Thanks!

Here's my commercial More Black pack: www.flyingsnowman.com/kemper . And today is Black Friday, so there is 40% OFF of the normal price, until Sunday night!

• Hey all,

Thanks for the tips, just wanted to follow up for any else on the hunt for Frusciante tone. For profiles I tried flying snowman's more black pack listed above and they sound great! I also highly recommend TheAmpFactory Marshall Jubilee.

The other secret sauce is the Boss CE-1 chorus, the preamp gives an amazing crunch that is essential to his tone. I ended up buying a vintage one but since then this guy Will from triungulo labs has made a clone that looks amazing. Here's a link to that:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you want to sound like Frusciante watch that guys entire channel, its ridiculous how much detail he goes into, particularly in this video about pedal order that has his entire pedal chain broken down:
    External Content www.youtube.com

Between those amp packs and the CE-1, the tone I'm getting is pretty much spot on!

Oh also a SSl-1 pickup in the neck. This has been a several year journey to find this combination so hopefully I save someone a bunch of time and money.