• +1 for the adding of a Freqout! First I watched demo of this thing and I did consider it nice but not more than this. But after watching Pete Thorne demo I like it so much. So, definitely for the adding of this in our marvelous KPA!

I think the best application is for solos, as shown in the demo, at minute 7:08...that is outstanding!

pete thorne demo

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• +1 for the adding of a Freqout! First I watched demo of this thing and I did consider it nice but not more than this. But after watching Pete Thorne demo I like it so much. So, definitely for the adding of this in our marvelous KPA!

I think the best application is for solos, as shown in the demo, at minute 7:08...that is outstanding!

pete thorne demo

Hi Michael,

I bought this magic box some days ago and it's pure fun to play with. The only thing is that it cuts the tone tone to early. I expected endless sustain but i was a little dissapointed how early it cuts the tone. It's not a thing of the kpa or a gate because i see how it works. When you held a tone the diodes grow up to max, as shown in the vid and then the signal goes weak and the freqout cuts.

After some practice you know that point very well and you can organize the playing that it didnt affect so much. In German we say " Der Tone kackt zu früh ab".
    I opend a request to digitech how to solve this issue.

Cheers
    Frank

• Good idea to ask Digitech about it Frank I did not think of that.

I watched Pete Thorn's demo - I love his demos - and he keeps saying "infinite sustain", when it's just not true and it might be the biggest problem of this pedal. Completely misleading and not true, Pete compares it to the eBow and Fernandes Sustainer: awfully wrong!

• Good idea to ask Digitech about it Frank I did not think of that.

I watched Pete Thorn's demo - I love his demos - and he keeps saying "infinite sustain", when it's just not true and it might be the biggest problem of this pedal. Completely misleading and not true, Pete compares it to the eBow and Fernandes Sustainer: awfully wrong!

FWIW, my Freqout keeps generating feedback as long the string vibrates just a bit.
    I achieve this by keeping a certain amount of vibrato going.
    No problems with dying tone here.

Yes Ingolf, thats one trick to let it stay longer but it's a trick. Have you tried to bend a note a whole step and let it stay? A crackle arrives after prox 5 seconds and than the freqout cuts (bending the d on the g string 7th fret).
    Can you give an advice for setting this endless tone with vibrato? Here is my setting:
    Type 3rd
    Onset 1 o clock
    Gain 11 o clock

• FWIW, my Freqout keeps generating feedback as long the string vibrates just a bit.
    I achieve this by keeping a certain amount of vibrato going.
    No problems with dying tone here.

Here is an example

Noise gate off

a chord stays longer
    some tones are very short
    high g on the e string is creep

Playing is ok when you take care about the cutting time i think

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

pete thorne demo

Here is an example with Pete's settings at 7:08 in the vid

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Only just discovered the freqout device. Intriguing!
    Has any one managed to recreate anything similar with the kpa in its current state?
    Guessing some part of the circuitry (or algorithm) has signal feedback and I'm not aware of any way to recreate this in a constructive way with current stomps or by physically wiring output back to input (which would be a dirty/nasty approach anyhow)

• I got the pedal aswell and I think also it's a great pedal.

Now about the endless sustain, if you are getting real feedback when standing in front of your amp, and dampen the strings, does the feedback goes on? Maybe you get that ugly pickup feedback, but that's not what's this pedal about. I guess that Digitech did a great job, just feedback from the strings.

Continuing about sustain etc, I use it in a slot before the amp. What if I put a heavy compressor in front of the Freqout, will that get me longer sustaining feedback? (I already got it working ok, but haven't tried that out yet).

• You can use it pre- Kemper with no problem, but I prefer to place a loop in slot A and put it there. I like switching it on/off via Remote.

How do you switch on/off this pedal via Remote? Do you mean using a loop in slot A and MIDI loop switcher in Performance mode or is there another way to do it?

• All

For longer sustain I put the Freqout in Slot C with a compressor in Slot B and a noise gate in Slot A.

What I then do is have the global Noise Gate off, Have Slot A (Noise Gate) on, Slot B (compressor) off and Slot C (Freqout) off. I then assign this to a button on the remote so it goes from:

Slot A on NG

Slot B off Comp

Slot C off Freqout

Press button

Slot A off NG

Slot B on Comp

Slot C on Freqout

Works fine for me as I keep the NG on during lead parts if I don't need feedback or have the NG off with Comp and Freqout on if I am playing lead as I don't need an NG in that scenario and if I am holding a note I am looking for feedback.

Hope that helps

Mike

• This post has been dead for awhile but I am getting a high pitch hissing noise when I run this peddle either in from of the Kemper or in the loop. It happens when the pedal is off so I think something is bleeding through it's internal circuit. Has anyone else had this problem? I bought it used so I wonder if mine is just defective.

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• Thanks Mike, I am going to try a different power source at my next practice and see if that fixes it.

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979