• Hello,

Not sure if my post is welcome in this forum but the moderators can always remove it.
    I just purchased the Digitech FreqOut stomp box. This is quite an interesting pedal.
    Would Kemper ever consider it add this type of pedal into their list of Stomp boxes that are in the Kemper OS. Maybe I would use too much processing power of the Kemper but it does add very nice guitar sounds. Would be a great addition to the selected stomp boxes.
    regards

• Hello,

Not sure if my post is welcome in this forum but the moderators can always remove it.
    I just purchased the Digitech FreqOut stomp box. This is quite an interesting pedal.
    Would Kemper ever consider it add this type of pedal into their list of Stomp boxes that are in the Kemper OS. Maybe I would use too much processing power of the Kemper but it does add very nice guitar sounds. Would be a great addition to the selected stomp boxes.
    regards

Welcome.
    I'm using the Freqout as well and it's a great pedal.
    There's already a feature request to implement an effect like this in the profiler.

• Another happy freqout user here. It's amazing. Add some delay after it and it sounds like the whole room is "freaking out". I have to use some serious willpower to keep from using it on every solo.

• Is it possible to configure the FreqOut in such a way that it's always on without affecting the guitar tone to much but to just add additional sustain so I could just leave it in my rack and not worry about having something new to worry about turning on / off when I need it?

• One of the switches allows for this. Sorry not near mine right now but the top switch in the down position does this. You just have to tweak with the onset and gain controls as well as which harmonic to feedback of course

• I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these bad boys. For those of you using it currently with your Kemper. How are you running it? Is it in your chain BEFORE the Kemper completely as in: Guitar plugs into FreqOut then FreqOut's output goes into the Kempter or are you running it some other way? I would assume that if you run it PRE Kemper then using Kemper's Noise Gate won't case any issues with the FreqOut because the Kemper will just detect the feedback as a guitar signal and not kick in I hope?

• I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these bad boys. For those of you using it currently with your Kemper. How are you running it? Is it in your chain BEFORE the Kemper completely as in: Guitar plugs into FreqOut then FreqOut's output goes into the Kempter or are you running it some other way? I would assume that if you run it PRE Kemper then using Kemper's Noise Gate won't case any issues with the FreqOut because the Kemper will just detect the feedback as a guitar signal and not kick in I hope?

Hey I have one of these and love it, very cool pedal, it says to put it as close to first in your chain(guitar-freqout-other pedal-amp/kemper) but i use it after a whammy because it will change the pitch of the feedback aswell, lots of fun, when u get one experiment with placement and find what you like

You can use it pre- Kemper with no problem, but I prefer to place a loop in slot A and put it there. I like switching it on/off via Remote.

• I like this pedal a lot for the sound quality; after half an hour I noticed something kind of not so great: when the string stops vibrating, the feedback sound stops pretty abruptly, which is nothing like the real thing. I don't like the way it stops at all so I have to constantly be careful not to let it ring for too long: that distracts you from the music, especially when feedback is usually used (abused?) with its long-lasting quality. I would like the effect to last as long as you keep your foot on the switch (momentary mode), I'm surprised the manufacturer did not notice or deal with that.
    So there's something to be improved for the integration into the KPA ;)

• I put it before the Kemper & I have the Kemper's input noise gate off all the time anyway, so no problems there. I often add some delay from the Kemper when I'm using the FreqOut. I have the FreqOut set so that when the pedal is on, feedback starts after I hold a note for about 1 second. Sometimes (depending on the note being played) feedback will stop sooner than I would like & abruptly, particularly if finger vibrato is not being applied. Therefore I usually apply lots of finger vibrato when I want to get feedback on a note. Also, the Kemper delay helps to extend it somewhat when the signal from the pedal cuts out.

• I've ordered one of these pedals, won't be here until August

I was planning on putting this in a slot in a permanently on (sorry not got the pedal yet, so don't know the correct terms) but with a mix of 0%. This will be then "morphed" using an expression pedal connected to the remote.

Can someone post a video of how they are using the pedal please?

I'm excited about this pedal and I'd like to see how people are using theirs.

Cheers

• I like this pedal a lot for the sound quality; after half an hour I noticed something kind of not so great: when the string stops vibrating, the feedback sound stops pretty abruptly, which is nothing like the real thing. I don't like the way it stops at all so I have to constantly be careful not to let it ring for too long: that distracts you from the music, especially when feedback is usually used (abused?) with its long-lasting quality. I would like the effect to last as long as you keep your foot on the switch (momentary mode), I'm surprised the manufacturer did not notice or deal with that.
    So there's something to be improved for the integration into the KPA ;)

This!
    I have to check out if it works better in fx loop slot A like Ingolf has written. I have two negatvie points. This abrubt stopping of th e feed back, especially the kpa noisegate is a problem and the second thing is, that when using it with a higher setting of the gain knob of the pedal , the feedback comes in on a louder starting point. Thats not natural. It happens also when you set a low time for increasing the feedback. A little tricky to set it to a good point of starting.

Otherwise i can recomment the pedal. Funny thing.

• I have a stupid idea for the abrupt stop in the sound: you could use an EHX Freeze pedal after the FreqOut, so that would enable the sound to go on infinitely.

I haven't tried and don't intend to because the FreqOut remains a "gadget" effect so I'm not going to build a pedalboard around this pedal.... but it might just work
    (an infinite delay could also do the trick with the right setting)