Feedback on some songs

• Hi guys,

I wonder if I can get some feedback on a couple of songs I recorded. All guitars are Kemper. Everything's made in my bedroom

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm not much of a guitarist but I'm trying to get better. Currently trying to use it more as a songwriting tool

Cheers

• Thats a really good ambient mix for me, cuts through fine and is not "over played".
    Fits perfect man, if your only starting out i can say that's pretty impressive.
    The quality does not reflect a beginner for me.

I dont know why i always hear Female vocals on these types of ambient lines
    but its eerie man, i can hear the girl singing and whispering /talking over this ..just my 2 cents.
    I could picture this in a few movie scenes too but is great listening irregardless ..

Its well recorded and well played man no doubt :)
    KEEP GOING.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Ash, thanks for the feedback, I appreciate you taking the time to listen. I have mucked about with recording before, but pretty much like my guitar ability, I've not actively tried to get better or actually learnt what I'm supposed to be doing before.

Funnily enough a couple of people have said that about female vocals. As I can't sing and don't have the facility to record vocals here I don't really think about vocals when I'm writing/producing, but I agree I think female vocals would fit best
    Once again thanks for the feedback. My next step is to firm up my guitar recording process. These were done with my cheap schecter through quickly dialled in tones through the kemper, in future i'd like to have a palette of go-to tones ready to go

Johnny

• It's very well done t3tra, and your mix abilities are really good. I like a clear/bright mix as English people often do ( are you English ?)

Your guitar skills are good enough and your overall tone palette seems fine to me, the moods are well rendered.

If interested choose a pack from my commercial selection, as they are ready to record and you mentioned 'a palette of go-to tones' , which is it's exact purpose. I'll send it to you (please PM with your own email), I appreciate song writers and people takings risk in general ;)

R

• thanks Waraba, yes I'm English and it's interesting you can tell that from the mix. I always try to go for clean and sterile sounding as I think you can build atmosphere better that way.
    That's very good of you, how would I see which packs you have?

Johnny

• Thanks Artman and Robbue!

I was going to release these as an EP, however I just had some great news that a singer from an awesome band has agreed to do vocals on the tracks :) I shall say no more until its done, but thanks for the kind words. They are supposed to be the first three parts of a nine part concept album, so you saying it was evoking imagery is really encouraging

Thanks again

Johnny