Kemper audio cuts off and then back in. What is happening?

• Hey there. I've own my Kemper for 1 year now and I love it but I've always had this strange problem when playing with heavy distortion. When I play a chord and then cut the chord off the audio tail drops off for a split second and then back up again. I would say it happens in 1 out of every 10 times when I play a chord. It seems to only happen when playing with a lot of gain.

To my it sounds like the ''electricity is dropping in power and then dropping in again''. Does that make sense? Have you guys ever experienced this or similar problem? If not, what do you think it could be? The problem exists both when I monitor the Kemper outputs via my UAD Apollo audio interface AND when monitoring the Kemper through the internal headphone input. I even tried turning every electric device in my room off but that didn't help.. And like I said, this only occurs in maybe 1 every 10 times I play a chord and stop it.

I recorded 2 minutes of my playing a chord and then cutting it off and 4-5 times this issue came up. Here you can hear 4 examples and then the same 4 again but in the second time I turned the volume up 15db on just the audio tail (where this glitch happens). I also included a picture of the waveform from Pro Tools and there you can see where the audio clearly drops off for a split second and then it's up again. :thumbdown:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…mper%20Tail%20Cut-Off.mp3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfvm…20Tail%20Cut-Off.mp3?dl=0

I have the latest Kemper update installed.

• The first thing I would try is disabling all noise gates in Kemper and anything else you might have in your signal chain that affects dynamics. I would eliminate everything between your guitar and Kemper and go from there.

If it isn't the noise gate I would switch to a known working profile and try moving the amp section of the profile that isn't working into it by itself.

Also, how are you outputting from the Kemper? built-in power amp? Straight into an interface?

• I was able to listen to the sound clips very quickly and my earlier advice still remains the same. It sounds like a really squashed compressor competing with a very aggressive noise gate.

I'm having the same problem, but only when using 4CM and Mesa cab with the Poweramp output. DI to the house works fine. Any help would be appreciated.

• And how have you realized merging and connecting both cabinets to the one Speaker Output? With a cabinet merger or Y-cable?
    What happens, if you connect just one cabinet directly tot he Speaker Output?