How can I pad down the input signal?

• I am very new around here and I wasn't able to find the answer via the search engine. Is there any way to pad the input coming into the Kemper via the guitar? I have a lot of fantastic profiles available, but I use SD Livewire Active pickups and they are adding more gain than I would like. My guitars are loaded with the Mustaine set - basically a higher output version of the classic JB/Jazz combo. These sound great with my tube amps, but I would like to pad the Kemper input by about 3-4 db so that the profiles aren't getting hammered as hard by the pickups. Thanks!

• Welcome!
    Have a look at

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Awesome. That is super easy to apply to the whole system. Is there a way to do something similar to just specific profiles? For example, I want to keep a version of the original profile and make an altered profile with a 3-4 db pad. Thanks again!

• Awesome. That is super easy to apply to the whole system. Is there a way to do something similar to just specific profiles? For example, I want to keep a version of the original profile and make an altered profile with a 3-4 db pad. Thanks again!

That would be the gain knob ;) You can save a copy of the profile before adjusting. Press "store" and select "store as".

• I am very new around here and I wasn't able to find the answer via the search engine. Is there any way to pad the input coming into the Kemper via the guitar? I have a lot of fantastic profiles available, but I use SD Livewire Active pickups and they are adding more gain than I would like. My guitars are loaded with the Mustaine set - basically a higher output version of the classic JB/Jazz combo. These sound great with my tube amps, but I would like to pad the Kemper input by about 3-4 db so that the profiles aren't getting hammered as hard by the pickups. Thanks!

Hello Art,

I realize that you may already be set on this matter/question, thanks to @PETERFR and @Michael_dk. However, you really should familiarize yourself with the two Kemper Profiler User Manuals. The video tutorials are awesome, but they are no substitute for the deeper understanding and knowledge you will obtain from the manuals. The best part is that the manuals are downloadable in .pdf format, so that particular questions or topics can be quickly identified via a keyword search (such as, in this case, the word "input")

In this case, the KPA "Basics Manual" has the answer to your question on page 16.

The KPA User Manuals can be downloaded via the following link, below.

Look for the manuals entitled "The Basics Manual" and "Deeper View and Reference Manual 5.1":

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals

Welcome to the community.

Cheers,
    John