Newb Question- First time profiling an amp- Veteran Advice needed

• Okay, I have had my profiler for a little over a month and really enjoying allot of profiles I have purchased and also got off the rig exchange. I am going to try this weekend to profile my VHT Pitbull CL100 and VHT Fatbottom 4x12, but before I get started I would love some veteran advice and guidance. Here are the things I have to work with right now, Behringer DI600P, Shure SM57B, Shure Beta 57A, the amp and cab, I also run a Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40 with Reaper or Logic Pro X. I dont really plan on using the computer set up but listing that in case I have a tool that would help me more.

I am assuming on the DI box I would go my VHT amp speaker output into the Behringer in and the out into my 4x12, then from the XLR out on the Behringer into the Kemper return input XLR on the back? Then I would take the the direct send output from the kemper to the input of my VHT? Did I buy the correct DI box? I dont want to risk blowing up my OT. I am using this process for a full amp head only profile, I think its called a direct profile. After this method I would like to also profile my cab and amp, this was I can do a merged profile or even just a studio profile with the mics I have, QUESTION here is how to I do this? Is it just remove the DI hook amp up then profile the full amp with Mic? How to use both mics at one time for a blend? Would my focusrite and DAW play into this?

• Has anyone ever used a behringher di600 in between amp and cab before,I have read othe threads but just want to make sure my thoughts on hook up is right before messing up a 3,000 amp

• Sorry to chime in this late, but be careful with this DI because I don't believe it can handle speaker output. Here's another Behrhinger DI that can handle up to 3000 watts of speaker output.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…SH0xydNhprBANVBoCYu_w_wcB

As long as your amp is seeing a speaker load, there's no risk to the amp, but I'm not sure if the current DI di600 is quite suitable. Just because nothing happened so far to your amp doesn't necessarily mean it's ok. If you crank up the volume your amp might not be seeing a proper load.

• Thank you!!! This is why I was waiting to touch it, but today I saw Dan from Reampzone also uses the ultra 600 so thought it would be safe, of course I'm running the cab during the profile. It's speaker out of amp to di in then di out to cab, xlr out into kemper

• :) But the speaker cables are going into an instrument level input in the DI. As I said before, it might be negligible effect but I wouldn't risk connecting my tube amp to a line level DI because it's simply not consistent with factory instructions. I know there are safe mismatches etc where you can connect different loads, but I'm not sure what this specific situation would mean from a technical point. The fact that someone else used it to profile is not very comforting for me.

I understand what your saying now, but im still confused cause the di you sent the link for specs pretty much the same as the one I bought, but yes I would rather be safe, and it seems no one on here uses it cause no one has said anything, ill upgrade pronto

• I am sorry, I am just trying to understand, so please bare with me, but the ultra 600 says, its in the link I sent you. Also I just uploaded my profile if you want to check it out

Pitbull cl100 V DI PITBULL CL100 G V DI N/A Matt Newsome

The Behringer DI600P Passive Direct Box lets you connect instruments or amplifier outputs of up to 3,000 Watts. The Ultra-DI converts any unbalanced signal to a balanced signal and eliminates unwanted noise. With its high-performance transformer, the Behringer DI600P also allows you to use very long cables without the loss of high frequencies.

• Connect your guitar or bass directly to your mixer without losing tone due to impedance mismatches, long cables and cycle hum
    • Converts any unbalanced line-level signal to balanced mic-level output
    • Provides impedance and signal matching for the direct connection of instruments to amplifiers and mixers
    • Allows the use of long cables without losing high frequencies
    • Thru/Out jack lets you send the unbalanced signal to an onstage amplifier while the balanced signal is routed to the mixer
    • Switchable Inst/Amp input for connecting instruments or amplifier outputs with up to 3,000 watts
    • Filter switch reduces annoying hiss and buzz
    • Ground lift switch eliminates typical ground loop problems such as hum
    • High-performance transformer for ultimate signal integrity
  • So does it seem ok by those specs? I would love some feedback on the profile, I a/b my amp and can't hear or feel a difference. If this di is cool I want to profile the fatbottom pe50 4x12 also, going to try a sm7b and beta 57

• Yes! Please mic the cab, Matt. I and some others here don't "do" DI Rigs, so I look forward to your having a go at mic'ing it.

Say mate, what's wrong with a plain ol' '57? Call me old-fashioned, but I reckon the '57 has the mojo thing covered for guitar cabs; it's as if it was made for it.

• Yes! Please mic the cab, Matt. I and some others here don't "do" DI Rigs, so I look forward to your having a go at mic'ing it.

Say mate, what's wrong with a plain ol' '57? Call me old-fashioned, but I reckon the '57 has the mojo thing covered for guitar cabs; it's as if it was made for it.

Hey Monkey_Man, I love the regular 57, but I dont have one laying around anymore, just the sm7b and 57a. I was using another digital product before that had the mics included so I no longer needed them. I am hoping thought the 57b will flat and then they can be eq's to taste, in my experience the 57 is positioned wrong can add a level of harshness in highs and mids where some people find it to be fizzy. I do plan on getting another plain 57 though. The DI profile I only did just to compare how authentic the profiling is in the Kemper, and I have to say I am more than impressed, I tried to find something wrong with it and cant, it is dead on how my amp sounds and feels.

• Thank you!!! This is why I was waiting to touch it, but today I saw Dan from Reampzone also uses the ultra 600 so thought it would be safe, of course I'm running the cab during the profile. It's speaker out of amp to di in then di out to cab, xlr out into kemper

i now use the official KEMPER Di box but the ultra 600 works just the same, no loss of quality what-so-ever.