how do i isolate cabinet models and can i run spdif into a macbook pro?

• Hi all

first to say what an amazing thing this is, many congratulations to chris and the team, just make sure you protect yourself from the big bad boys out there, they'll be coming for you, this could do them a lot of harm

my specific question was in the manual it says i can swap around cabinets on different rigs, how do i do this

when a push and hold the cabinet button it offers a menu, but that contains very few cabinets, so i'm not sure how i take a cabinet from one setting and move it to a different amplifier

has anyone run spdif into a macbook pro by the way, can you/how do you do it?

many thanks

andrew

• Welcome Andrew,

extracting the cabs from a rig is simple. Just hold cab to go to cab editing like you already did. Then just push the "store" button. You then have the choice to store the cab profile only. Once you did this, you have the cab profile available when browsing.

Check out my cab profile pack in the download section. Can you can create an endless amount of combinations this way.

• Feature wish:
    I would like to able to see all rigs in the cab-browser, not just the single saved cabs. Selecting another rig here, should load the corresponding cab info from that rig.

• Thanks for the reply. Maybe Redwirez and other Cab IR developers will be able to convert their IRs to KPA cabs???? (hint hint).

I've been profiling direct using a hotplate and have been getting excellent results adding some of the user cabs. I'll think I'm going to go through all my profiles and save the cabs separately now so I have more choices.