Anyone else using a patchpanel to save the Kempers own connectors (rack version)?

• https://www.thomann.de/de/neut…rslt_usb+neutrik_182683_0

Just add a short USB A-->B Cable and you´re ready.

I think it should be the other way round because the Kemper has USB-B
    So:
    PC USBA -> USBB on Chassis front -> USBA on chassis back -> USBB on back of Kemper.

Or am I missing something here?

• One word of caution....

I think, such a patch panel is a great idea for touring artists. And it is a wonderful idea to include an Ethernet connector for the Remote connection in order to establish a strain relief. An additional Neutrik Ethercon connector can be attached to the original Kemper Ethernet cable without any soldering or crimping - like on the Remote side.

But be aware, that the resistance of the Ethernet cable connection between Profiler and Profiler Remote is critical to supply sufficient power to the Remote. Your patch cable plus socket are increasing the resistance of that connection. The paragraph "Cabling" in the section about the "Profiler Remote" in the Reference Manual does include important information and suggestions related to this subject. In short, I would strongly suggest to invest in a Power over Ethernet injector. Those are very inexpensive. Such a PoE injector could be placed inside your Rack between the Profiler Ethernet socket and your patch bay. It makes the cable connection between your patch bay and the Remote uncritical. You could use any Ethernet cable at length of up to at least 300 feet/100 m. But make sure, you acquire a PoE injector in line with our specs!

• Good point, thanks for this addition.

I'm using the original cable from the remote on the patch panel and all works fine. I did however, made a short as possible cable between de patchpanel and backpanel of the Kemper to get as much as 'juice' possible on the patchpanel.
    So far all works fine. But you never know how much juice has been lost (apparently still enough juice in my case).

• Hi MetalMauce congrats on your panel, i try to achieve the same, however, i struggle finding (for me) understandable instructions on how to solder the power amp cable plug. I only find transparent 2x2.5mm2 cables for speakers in online shops. did you cut off a speaker cable? Apparently i got a stereo neutrik plug - how did you solder this the right way? Thanks, any help is appreciated.

once a purist, then analog pragmatic and finally a digital believer who found out that you can't hear a mosquito fart in a band-context.