Sudden drop out of volume?

• Hi all,

I've had a few incidents in the last couple of weeks where my Kemper, for no discernible reason, has simply given me no volume. I was hooked up by XLR from one of the main outputs with a perfectly good cable. Disappointingly, last time it happened, it was on stage. I just rebooted and it ran again.

Has anybody experienced this?

Thanks!

• Even though you may or may not be using the external control ports please try this.
    1. Make sure both control ports are not assigned to anything especially volume related parameters. Note: You may want to physically scroll through a few of the parameter assignments for each pedal to reset them to the state you want them to be just for good measure. Do this even if it intially looks like they are unassigned. At least your hand touched the dial.

Now this has happened to me before with previous KPA OS but I had a pedal connected to the port. Nevertheless this next thing worked to bring the dead back to life.

2. Stick a jack in and out a few times on both pedal 1 and pedal 2 jacks. Could be some oxidation causing an open condition to be read yielding maximum value at boot applied to whatever had been assigned by you or some digital gremlin then at some point the jacks conduct if they are normalize to ground ( no jack plugged in ) and a change of state is detected by the scanning routine and for some reason the KPA thinks that pedal was assigned to volume , well you can see where I'm going with this. In any event say the pedal assignment variable was ambigously corrupted or had never been set by the human user and was
    interpreted as being Volume the KPA volume would go to zero. When you stick a couple if 1/4 inch jacks(Open not grounded) into both pedal ports and do not pull them out, if either of them where somehow assigned to Volume the value read assuming Kemper has pull up resistor bias should now be maximum.

Therefore if an intialization problem exists as described above your volume should miraculously return.

Since you mentioned re-booting helped it leeds me to suspect an initialization problem of some sort is occuring.

Won't hurt to give this a whirl for the sake of science .