(Dr. Z Amplification) Official Dr. Z Amps Kemper Profile Pack

• Can someone tell me if these are merged? (PLEASE be merged...)

EDIT: They are all Studio files. My mistake.

I've tried mixing some different cabs as I always do, with great results. But they sound great just as they are.

Tasteful 'Verb, Delay and other settings too.

You can tell these were done on a Rack unit, because they have the Mods in the X slot, .... the Rack doesn't have the 2 MOD knobs so you don't notice that you can reach over and turn those knobs like you can on the Toaster...

• Absolutely impressed with the effects in the rigs, probably some of the best clean , blues and classic rock sounds out there, i am loving this stuff for Reggae on the Strat and Gibson , DR Z must have profiling skills ill say that much

If your an amp manufacturer TAKE NOTE...this is the future and you should benefit from it!!

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Grabbed the DR Z profiles last night. Looking forward to trying them out tonight.

Next step, I'd love to see amp manufacturers like DR Z bring in some of their endorsee artists to create some custom Rig/Performance packs.

Looking forward to those DR Z Presents - Brad Paisley, Billy Gibbons, Keb Mo, Lenny Kravitz, John Oates amp/performance/fx packs.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Great video and thanks for posting.
    That over drive sound is the shite man
    Cant tell if your going through an FRFR or CAB either way
    just the right amount of every thing not too bright etc.
    The Ska people will love this too

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• They are all merged.
    I've tried mixing some different cabs as I always do, with great results. But they sound great just as they are.

Tasteful 'Verb, Delay and other settings too.

You can tell these were done on a Rack unit, because they have the Mods in the X slot, .... the Rack doesn't have the 2 MOD knobs so you don't notice that you can reach over and turn those knobs like you can on the Toaster...

Awesome! Looks like ill be making a purchase after work tonight.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't know what you were monitoring with in the room, but none of these came across as too bright to me through headphones. They all sounded really nice and open.

• The EQ in the X spot is damn near perfect on every profile... talk about polishing up a profile and making it studio and live ready immediately just by engaging the EQ they have in the profiles... wow... loving them all... try the EMS 3 profile with a tubescreamer upfront and the EQ engaged... could be my favorite lead tone in years.

• The EQ in the X spot is damn near perfect on every profile... talk about polishing up a profile and making it studio and live ready immediately just by engaging the EQ they have in the profiles... wow... loving them all... try the EMS 3 profile with a tubescreamer upfront and the EQ engaged... could be my favorite lead tone in years.

Does the EQ make it studio ready, or live ready?

• Yes, all really nice profiles. But with a Klon in front, they get snappy. Bites through everything - that's how I like it. Especially the Z Wreck 3. Sustain seems to be endless. Thanks a lot.

• I don't know what you were monitoring with in the room, but none of these came across as too bright to me through headphones. They all sounded really nice and open.

When I listened back I thought the same thing. I was using the FSFR cab to monitor but what you are hearing is direct to the DAW.

• Bought this pack this morning, played around a bunch today, took them to rehearsal tonight. Fantastic! I only used a couple profiles, but loved most all I tried.

This is the future, well done Dr. Z!

I tried them in a friends studio today.
    From what I remember the EQ is not in the X spot, there's a killer Stereo Chorus in the X spot...unless by X spot you mean in the exactly right spot/place. :)
    But I agree, the Studio EQ in the "Mod" spot was perfect, I engaged it for every Profile, it just removes harshness perfectly.
    Add the Phaser or Chorus plus the Delay and the tones were pretty magical.

The Compressor upfront was also great for Tele/Strat (not for my Les Paul) and the Pure Boost has been a favourite of mine since day one.

But for me the coolest thing was how great the Kemper Gain knob worked for these Profiles, leave the Pure Boost OFF and use the Kempers Gain and some Profiles turned into beautiful singing lead tones.

Well done Dr Z...very very smart Profiles and Stomp/FX.

• Been reading all the rave reviews and couldn't resist picking up this pack as well. All the positive comments are spot-on. Some of the best tones I've heard so far, made even better when the EQ is applied.