Can I profile from a vst plugin?

• Just replace the amp input -> mic output chain you'd use for "normal Profiling" with an interface input -> DAW channel (with plugin active) -> interface output one, and you're good-to-go.

The Kemper removes all latency when analysing the Profiling data, so the resulting Rig should play great.

• My ideia is to use the vst profiles for a live use...
    Not just studio/recordings...

For ampeg svt pro 4 kemper profiles, there are some guys that made it 100% good for me (I have the ampeg svt 4 fisical amp too)..

But the ampeg svt classic profiles that I hear and got it...

They really dont nail 50% good for me...

So I'm looking to profile from the vsti to see if it is better...

• Nothing ventured, nothing gained... Try it out and see. Profiling a VST is much easier than profiling an amp. You just need a direct connection between Kemper and the VST without having to mic it up.

• You can profile the VST and see how well it does. The reason I prefer some of my vsts to the profiles is that the kemper will tend to project its own character to the tones. It homogenizes them to at least some level. Many say this doesn't happen at all (I disagree) -- others say it does, but they don't mind the result. For me it matters enough to use the real amp or real vst over kemper when it's possible. When it isn't I use kemper profiles. The "real" test imho is to set up a tone just how you like it and see if the kemper can get close enough for your needs. There aren't radical differences between profiling real amps vs vsts most of the time in terms of result.

Cheerios

• "You can profile solid-state amps, and also software modeling amps, although the results from profiling modeled
    amps can sometimes be underwhelming. The reason for this is that some emulations use techniques that don’t
    necessarily match the analog reality."
    from the Profiling Guide

• I tried profiling my Bias FX today and though it was technologically easy to do, the result wasn't anything like the original Bias FX-preset and just sounded not very pleasant.

After that I profiled my real PRS SE 30W amp on different settings through the 1x12 cab of a cheap Marshall transistor amp. Flipping between the Kemper and the reference amp I felt that on all channels the Kemper always wanted to sound warmer and rounder and give the sound a little less space. I really fiddled around with the EQ and amp settings in the Kemper afterwards but never could it get to sound the same as the reference.
    I listened through Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pros and was in the same room as the quite turned up amp but still could hear the clear difference.

Have you guys had the same experience with the K?

• "You can profile solid-state amps, and also software modeling amps, although the results from profiling modeled
    amps can sometimes be underwhelming. The reason for this is that some emulations use techniques that don’t
    necessarily match the analog reality."
    from the Profiling Guide

When I profiled my GSP1101 I got near perfect result after some light post EQing :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

However, I have also tried profiling Bias and haven't got it 100% right.

• I'm a little late with my reaction, but still... I used a UAD Ampeg vst on a studio recording and it sounded great.

I then profiled it and in my ears it sounds exactly the same. So I'm using this profile live aswell.

Again, as far as I'm concerned it cán work and I'm not "underwhelmed". :)

Just wondering how you profiled the plugin from your Apollo onto the Kemper? Would LOVE to get this Friedman present I have on my Apollo on my Kemper! Thanks!

• Plug your guitar in the front input of the Kemper.

Get a cable going between the direct output/send on the backside to the input HZ input of the Apollo. Then take any output of the Apollo (I got the Twin and used a line out) and get a cable going between that and the return input on the back of the Kemper.

Now monitor through the headphone output of the Kemper.

That must do the trick.