Official profiles from manufacturers - The next wave? Dr Z has some

• It might be down to how much they can charge to ..?
    Marshall (on UAD) Orange,Fender and Mesa all have official packs on IK ...so why not Kemper ..? Possibly because of the price of profiles ...(which is part of the great thing about the kemper for me ..) l

• Yup i posted that exactly...But is all the FEAR justified tho..?
    I mean look at DR Z!

Bam..Soon as it was released...(take note manufactures , if DR z can do it and be safe you can dam it)
    How many of us bought the profile RIGHT AWAY and have good reviews?
    EVERY ONE. :rolleyes:

The boogie man does not exist
    MANUFACTURERS take note of what happened when Dr Z did it

The only boogie man should be you dancing when you have had beer like me
    :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• The idea that people will pirate these profile is sort of silly. Look at music and mp3s. Music has been free for over a decade. Remember Napster and then Kazzaa? How is it that you can easily pirate music off the internet but people Spotify and Apple music each have over 1 million subscribers? People don't want to go to shady websites. They pay for convenience. Make it easy to buy in a few clicks like Dr. Z did and most of us are too impatient to even attempt to try to locate it elsewhere. I'd rather just spend the $35 bucks and get it now.

Not to mention, those of us who have gotten in the Kemper boat aren't really buying amps anymore, so we aren't going to buy their amps anyways.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not to mention, those of us who have gotten in the Kemper boat aren't really buying amps anymore, so we aren't going to buy their amps anyways.

Exactly. The odds of me ever buying a Dr.Z amp is virtually Zero. They just collected $35 from a non-customer.

Plus, having the respect I do now that they have done this, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them or buy their products/profiles going forward.

It's a win-win for them.

• The idea that people will pirate these profile is sort of silly. Look at music and mp3s. Music has been free for over a decade. Remember Napster and then Kazzaa? How is it that you can easily pirate music off the internet but people Spotify and Apple music each have over 1 million subscribers? People don't want to go to shady websites. They pay for convenience. Make it easy to buy in a few clicks like Dr. Z did and most of us are too impatient to even attempt to try to locate it elsewhere. I'd rather just spend the $35 bucks and get it now.

Not to mention, those of us who have gotten in the Kemper boat aren't really buying amps anymore, so we aren't going to buy their amps anyways.

Well, you'd be surprised at how platforms like Napster and downloading in general have hurt the music industry and musicians. Unless you are a Katy Perry or a Justin Bieber, the odds of selling a million are just that much smaller.

Trust me, there are more people who pirate music than those who actually buy albums. And as far as Kemper profiles, I think the only think standing in the way of more pirated torrents being made available is the fact that you need to have a hardware Kemper to play them, not just a software VST.

• Someone uploaded hundreds of MBritt and SinMix profiles. I contacted Michael about it and he had already found out and had them removed. Also no way to know if they were tweaked.

Pretty lame thing to do to two of the most valued contributors to the community :(

• Nothing will be done about it? Perhaps the Kemper team should? I think there is too much piracy. I can understand somebody may share things with a close friend, though I don't think it is fair, especially when buying them won't be a rip-off, but to upload for any unknown user music or rigs that belong to somebody else is way too much.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Nothing will be done about it? Perhaps the Kemper team should? I think there is too much piracy. I can understand somebody may share things with a close friend, though I don't think it is fair, especially when buying them won't be a rip-off, but to upload for any unknown user music or rigs that belong to somebody else is way too much.

For all we know, the rigs were never bought and were received for free and then the user decided to "pass it on" for credit in the community.

It's quite disgusting. People like that will always get a leg up over people like me who look at these things and then work to the bone to be able to afford them.

And guys like that? Stealing is in their blood, it's the family code, a way of life.

Can anyone identify the user and his IP address? We should publicly shame him, though I doubt Kemper Amps will play ball for fear of being sued.

Which is what could happen with scumbags like that. Look at Kim Dotcom. Look at the Pirate Bay. These people made so much money doing illegal things, they could buy each of us out many times over.

All we have is some strange notion of honesty, which probably doesn't cut it in this day and age, sadly.

Can anyone lend me a gun, hahaha?

• "It's celestion classic lead 80. This was suggested by Dave Baker to give a neutral, even, and uncolored response. We will be doing single amp profiles with a variety of speaker combinations (Maz 18 with v30, h30, creamback, alnico blue, gold, cream, greenback, etc.)"

This is some good info, It was said by Dr. Z on our Facebook page.

• This last sentence is wrong. You can't say that.

• I bought them,, they are good, but I am still in love with the Morgan profile,,sounds just like my Morgan,, without the 50 LBS,,,
    Thanks to whoever did that profile,its SWEET!!!!! clean or dirty,,,