Is it possible to create a DI profile from a Studio Profile?

• Hi,

The subject says it all.
    How to cut the cab part out of a studio profile. Is that possible?
    With stompboxes you have the option to select no stomp.
    I need something similar with studio profiles.
    I do know I can load another cab profile into a studio profile but a DI profile has no cab profile at all.

What are the steps to take?
    Anyone knows how?

Thanks in advance.

• Yes. I haven't done it myself, but I seem to remember reading that you can disable the cab portion of a studio profile (if, for example, you want to connect the Kemper to a real guitar cab). The Kemper "calculates" (estimates) what the profile would sound like without the cab & sends that sound to the output.

• I think what you're asking is as below from the Kemper manual:

For this setup, you need to bypass the Cabinet Profile for the MONITOR OUTPUT, so as to avoid running a cabinet simulation through a physical cabinet. The soft button "Monitor Cab Off" in the Output Settings will bypass the Cabinet Profile for the MONITOR OUTPUT as well as the built-in power amp of PowerHead and PowerRack, while the Cabinet Profile stays active for the other outputs including the MAIN OUTPUTS. This is a global setting, and thus applied to all Rigs. However, the signal from the MONITOR OUTPUT is processed according to the kind of Profile included in the Rig: for regular Studio Profiles, the CabDriver algorithm is activated, whereas Merged Profiles feed the direct amp sound to the MONITOR OUTPUT and built-in power amp.

• I think what you're asking is as below from the Kemper manual:

For this setup, you need to bypass the Cabinet Profile for the MONITOR OUTPUT, so as to avoid running a cabinet simulation through a physical cabinet. The soft button "Monitor Cab Off" in the Output Settings will bypass the Cabinet Profile for the MONITOR OUTPUT as well as the built-in power amp of PowerHead and PowerRack, while the Cabinet Profile stays active for the other outputs including the MAIN OUTPUTS. This is a global setting, and thus applied to all Rigs. However, the signal from the MONITOR OUTPUT is processed according to the kind of Profile included in the Rig: for regular Studio Profiles, the CabDriver algorithm is activated, whereas Merged Profiles feed the direct amp sound to the MONITOR OUTPUT and built-in power amp.

I'm familiar with this and I use this setting for playing on my cab. The Main outputs will still have the cab on.
    But my question is how to save such a profile and take the cab part competely out of the profile, not just disabling it.

• Ah - I get it.

Just out of curiosity what's your goal with the main outputs not having cab on them? Are you planning to run into the effects loop return of a couple of amps? Into another type of IR? Very curious. :)

• Ah - I get it.

Just out of curiosity what's your goal with the main outputs not having cab on them? Are you planning to run into the effects loop return of a couple of amps? Into another type of IR? Very curious. :)

Well by stripping the cab you can create a merged profile with the cab of your choice.

• Well by stripping the cab you can create a merged profile with the cab of your choice.

Not quite technically correct. A Merged profile is a Direct Amp profile (where an attenuated DI box is used to tap the signal between the power amp and cabinet) combined with the Studio profile of the same amp with the exact same settings. However, you can add a Merged Cab to a DA profile for the most authentic results (though the Merge option should only be pressed at the time of profiling; you don't need to merge the Cab to the DA profile, just scroll to the relevant Cab using the Browse knob with the Cab section in focus).