Zero volume from Mikey Wang Maz 8 profiles

• Does anyone have any idea as to why I am getting no volume from the Mikey Wang Maz 8 profiles? They have very good reviews, and had good opinions on the forums here, but I am getting no sound from any of them. Every other rig I've tried, using Rig Manager, has been fine -- including other Mikey Wang amps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• I s'pose it's possible the Profiles were made using a newer FW version than the one you're running, and that they're not compatible with your version, Patrick. Rig Manager will show them regardless of FW origin.

Maybe try updating to the latest Profiler FW and see how you go.

• Thanks Monkey Man, but this is a new profiler, with the most recent firmware. Those are the only ones that arent working. I've tried free ones, paid ones, and all of the Rig Packs, and everything's else works. Really strange issue.

• I tried to update it, but it was already at the latest fw version. That blew my mind, because I've never gotten anything with firmware that was at the latest version, when I received it.

I tried doing the update through Rig Manager. I can verily the version on the unit, when I get home.

Thanks again.

• Yeah, that's great thinking on HJ's part.

I tried to update it, but it was already at the latest fw version. That blew my mind, because I've never gotten anything with firmware that was at the latest version, when I received it.

It's also highly-unusual with the Kemper AFAIK, Patrick, which is why I asked.

• From my Kemper:

OS Version: Release 5.2.0.12879
    OS Build Date: 3/13/2017 18:07:44

I downloaded the Kemper Profiler OS 5.2.0.12879 Release.zip update, which appears to be the same as what I have, put it on the formatted USB, and nothing happened (possibly expected, as the versions match).

Next, I checked the X effect. It was set to Loop Mono. I never would have guessed that. Thanks a lot to both of you for all of the help! It is working, without the Loop Mono.

• Hey, no worries man; kudos to HJ.

The OS build date explains why you had the latest on it to an extent. The release-level FW is 3 1/2 months old now. This is a little over the typical cut-off period (3 months), short of which you'd be highly-unlikely to receive a unit with the latest FW on it... AFAIK.

Great that you can finally play those Profiles, Patrick!

• It may seem minor, but I was really impressed to see the latest firmware on the Kemper, when it was delivered. It seems to be another example of the the "just a little bit more effort", compared to the competitors, that I see in many facets of the Kemper, so far.

• Yes, the company does seem to go the full distance on things.

The reason I asked 'though, as I said earlier, is that there's usually a lag between the units' being fully-prepped after QC and actual shipping. The software is loaded just prior to QC testing AFAIA, and is therefore unchanged between that time and when you receive the unit. During the normal course of events, betas as well as full-release versions of the FW are likely to have been made available on the site, which is why it's recommended that the first thing one does is check for updates.

In this case however, you've been "lucky" in that after an extended beta period, the FW went full-release mid-March and nothing's been added in the interim.