kemper controller vs FBC1010 for ableton usage

• I'm a new happy owner of Kemper so hello to everybody!

I'm searching more info about the controller. I would like to use it to control both Kemper profiler and send midi message to ableton (i.e. start recording, launch clip, looping, etc).
    I would like to know if this is possible with the original controller or if I need to look elsewhere. I know the FCB1010 is customizable, but is it possible to use it in order to control multiple midi device? And which chip is more suitable for this purpose between uno, uno4kemper, EurekaProm?

• I'm a new happy owner of Kemper so hello to everybody!

I'm searching more info about the controller. I would like to use it to control both Kemper profiler and send midi message to ableton (i.e. start recording, launch clip, looping, etc).
    I would like to know if this is possible with the original controller or if I need to look elsewhere. I know the FCB1010 is customizable, but is it possible to use it in order to control multiple midi device? And which chip is more suitable for this purpose between uno, uno4kemper, EurekaProm?

I use the Behringer (with Uno4Kemper chip) live only and therefor it is very useful and (comparing to the original board) cheap.
    Did not use it for recording or controlling a DAW.
    But live it is very nice.

• you can run Ableton with the Kemper controller
    via midi in to Ableton
    but you need a little software which changes the PC data into
    CC Data to use it with Ableton
    you find this free in the web

• you can run Ableton with the Kemper controller
    via midi in to Ableton
    but you need a little software which changes the PC data into
    CC Data to use it with Ableton
    you find this free in the web

Ah it seems really interesting! What's the name of the software? How the chain looks like?

i.e. Remote>MIDI OUT>Kemper and Remote>MIDI THRU>audio interface>Ableton

• Thank you for the inputs! I read on the release notes of the recent Beta Update:

added: new MIDI option “Pedals to MIDI” in System Settings enables pedal controllers CC#1, 4, 7, and 11 to be sent to two external MIDI devices, even if triggered by pedals connected to Profiler or Remote

It is something connected with my request? Kemper's guys are so fast? :D

• I've had the fcb1010 with Uno chip and now have the remote. The advanatge of the uno chip is that it takes very little set up to use it with th KPA. As it is essentially a midi controller/sender there should be no reason why you can't control Ableton ( which I also use) on the assumption you can get midi signals into your PC. I get midi in using midi connections in my focusrite ( which 've used for drums). Not used midi with the rmote so can't comment.

However, never used all three and honestly can't see why you'd really want ( except to trigger the start of a recording) but there are easier ways to do that. Anyway, sorry I can't fully answer your question but hope tha helps a little and welcome to the gang!

• I'm guessing now, but the remote sends midi signals to the KPA so I assume you could take a midi out from the KPA....not sure what you'd need to convert the signal to accept midi into your PC

• I'm guessing now, but the remote sends midi signals to the KPA so I assume you could take a midi out from the KPA....not sure what you'd need to convert the signal to accept midi into your PC

This seems interesting, should I maybe find a way to change cc Data into Pc data, but I am not so good in programming midi stuff. It will be wonderful to have a template for using Kemper in Ableton

• Just a note here, but the standard connection of a Uno4Kemper equipped FCB1010 is Kemper midi out > FCB midi in, and FCB midi out > Kemper midi in. The Kemper midi thru would be the only available connection to a computer in this scenario.

You can use the FCB/Uno4Kemper with one cable, but the FCB will not be able to detect which functions are selected in the Kemper, and the FCB tuner display won't work.

IMHO if a user would want to do significant midi control of external devices with a Kemper, a more elegant solution might be to use the Kemper remote, as that uses the footswitch port and doesn't tie up the Kemper midi ports. It would be worth consideration at least.