Hello from Sweden!

• Hi,

I'm new here so this is my first post. Just ordered a Kemper Power Rack with floor board a week ago. Got to borrow the Kemper in the music store until my arrive. Absolutely love it so far. My main use is to have it when rehearsing and live gigs. Maybe some recording. I hope I can learn anything from the pros at this forum, personally I don't know much yet. Takes a while to learn how it works I suppose.

Best regards,
    Patrik von Porat

Swedish guitarist in the bands Cromonic and Freternia. Proudly endorsed by Caparison Guitars.

• Welcome, Patrik!

Yeah, it can take a little while, but the basics, not long. So great that the store's allowed you to borrow a unit while you wait. That's awesome, man.

Maybe try forgetting about the FX and concentrate on the amp parameters (hold the Amp button down for a second). There are a few pages of editing nirvana there, mate, and IMHO one should explore these parameters first when tweaking a Rig - even before the EQ stack (knobs on the front).

• Welcome, Patrik!

Yeah, it can take a little while, but the basics, not long. So great that the store's allowed you to borrow a unit while you wait. That's awesome, man.

Maybe try forgetting about the FX and concentrate on the amp parameters (hold the Amp button down for a second). There are a few pages of editing nirvana there, mate, and IMHO one should explore these parameters first when tweaking a Rig - even before the EQ stack (knobs on the front).

Thank you Monkey_Man, I've had the Kemper home for a few weeks and never even had a clue that existed. Awesome!

Swedish guitarist in the bands Cromonic and Freternia. Proudly endorsed by Caparison Guitars.

• Thank you Monkey_Man, I've had the Kemper home for a few weeks and never even had a clue that existed. Awesome!

Ha!

Welcome to a whole-new universe of possibilities, man!

FWIMBW, I love the Definition parameter. If you want to take a Rig into vintage territory, lower this setting. It'll become darker and more-grainy, losing some of the "modern", solid-state-style immediacy, but you'll get an increase in mojo and "vibe" - character, if you like.

Also, check out the Sag and Amp Compression settings. I find that for rock leads, cranking the Amp Compression just a little to, say, 2 or 3, gives us a mojo-filled sustain - it's not as "clinical"-sounding as the very-good stomp-slot compression.

As I said, you can ignore the FX slots for the time being. Once you're familiar with the amp settings, you can move on to the Cab ones (same thing - hold the Cabinet button for a second). Much simpler than the amp area - only a few parameters, but worth familiarising yourself with them I reckon.

Once you've done this, you'll feel like you're in-control. All the amp and cab tweaking you could do in the real world, and more, will now be a part of your toolkit. FX can be slowly explored to put icing on the cake, and in some cases, create interesting character changes / interactions to / with the gain of the amp itself - I'm thinking of the Tube Screamer and fuzz-pedal stomps, for instance - taking you to new heights of tone dominance!

See? Easy, peasy. Once you get used to the Kemper way, you'll be flying around this thing in no time.

Remember - hold a button down for a second to bring up the associated parameters. This applies to input and output ones, stomp slots, amp, cab and EQ buttons (you can set the EQ to pre or post gain here!), and so on.

Good luck man, and have fun!

• Woah, thank you! You seem like the Kemper Jedi Guru man! I've come to the right place. And thank you everyone for the warm welcome :D