reamping mute

• Sorry if this has been covered.
    I've recorded the signal from the KPA into Cubase in to 2 mono tracks and now want to choose an amp.
    Is there a way to mute the recorded signal so that I am only hearing the reamped one as it's a bit confusing trying to decide a tone with 2 sounds going on.
    I thank yow. :P

• Depending on which DAW you have:

Create a pre-fader auxiliary send and use that to send (and control the level of) the signal directly to the interface output you're using. Pull the channel fader down to mute the channel from being heard.

or

Reassign the track's output to being the one you're using to go to the Kemper, and control its level using the channel's fader.

• Thanks mate. I've actually not done it myself yet, so I was just trying to look at it logically.

If it's easy to set up a new aux to go directly to an interface output, then yeah, by all means go with the first suggestion.

It might be easier 'though to copy (duplicate) the DI track and assign the new one to the output, renaming the track appropriately. That way you'd have an easier time identifying the re-amp source (via the track name) as well as the level sent by looking at the fader.

Just a thought.

• MM, I've tried it with using an out from Cubase and I'm getting a metally feedback sound whenever I turn up the KPA from zero.
    I'm using a Emu 0404 with Cubase 9 and the KPA is using the spdif connections.
    Any ideas mate?

• Look at input monitoring. If Cubase has it enabled on the track you're sending the DI signal from, you'll hear both what's going out and what's coming in at the same time.

Create a new track, if you haven't already, to record the re-amped track to and enable input monitoring on it, but make sure you're not listening from another source (like the one previously mentioned) at the same time, 'DogMan.