How to wire the Kemper with an Audio Interface?

• I plan to build a small home studio and would want the following setup: The audio interface (undeceided yet, open for suggestions. Looking at the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20) should be the only device where I put in everything (guitar/bass/mic etc.) and where the monitors are connected to. The kemper would be connected to the interface and route it's outputs back into the interface so the sound comes out the monitors. Is this possible without having to turn on my DAW (Reaper) to route the signals? It would be nice just to sit down, turn on the kemper, interface and monitors and jam away without having to also boot up the computer.

I want this setup because I want to be able to route everything through the interface and also use other devices and software besides the Kemper (e.g. Bias) without having to replug the cables every time.

• yeah. It should be.
    I do a similar e thing with a 2i4 and a kemper.
    You do have to power on your pc but u don't have to run the door.
    If the interface your running has external power it should be fine.

• I route the kemper into the front, and the monitors out of the back.
    Obviously pc audio also comes out of the monitors and on the 2i4 you can mix between the kemper and the pc out put.
    Hope this helps.
    Ps. Make sure the input preamp on your interface is stereo. Although u prob won't record in stereo you obviously want straight out stereo.
    I've been caught with mono inputs before.
    Hope this gives you some clues

• Thanks for the input! That's why I want to go for a powered interface, so I don't have to power on the computer just to play.

Does this somehow match your setup?
    Instrument -> DI Input 1
    DI Output 1 -> Kemper Input
    Kemper Out L/R -> DI Input 2/3
    DI Output 2/3 -> Monitors

Or are you using the spdif?