FW 5.3.0.13018 Public Beta Feedback Thread

• 5.3.0.13018 Public Beta is now available as download package (select Operating System Beta versions) and via Rig Manager automated update, if Beta Releases are selected in user preferences.

Rig Managers 2.0 revision is required minimum!

This operating system introduces the following new features and fixes:

Audio

added: Mix parameter in Treble Booster and Lead Booster
    added: Ducking parameter, if Treble Booster or Lead Booster are used in stereo Modules
    changed: Mix control of Distortion effects improved. Level is unity at Mix 0%
    changed: Direct Out/Send muted immediately, if Effect Loop gets deactivated
    changed: reduced latency of Pitch Shifter effects incl. Transpose
    changed: sound of Formant Shifter improved in combination with Pitch Shifter effects
    changed: Freeze Formants in Pedal Pitch improved
    changed: Freeze Formants option added in Pedal Vinyl Stop
    changed: Formant Shift as continuous controller in Pedal Pitch not useful and obsoleted

User Interface

added: Remote supports Profiler Mode
    added: new MIDI option “Pedals to MIDI” in System Settings enables pedal controllers CC#1, 4, 7, and 11 to be sent to two external MIDI devices, even if triggered by pedals connected to Profiler or Remote
    added: Master Volume display reflecting all output volumes to better illustrate its functionality
    added: with the new option “Signal LEDs Blue” in the System Settings the color of the Input and Output LEDs can be changed
    added: new warning indicating MIDI buffer overflow, if too many program chances are received within too short time frame
    added: Profiler doesn’t try to restore corrupted backup files
    fixed: MIDI clock display stabilized
    fixed: correct handling of Pedal Volume after Rig change, if “WahPedal to Volume” is enabled
    fixed: correct processing of MIDI controlling changes immediately following a program change
    fixed: logical conflicts between Morph Pedal and Morph Button
    fixed: disabled Slots accidentally appear as enabled
    fixed: Uno4Kemper conflict with relative addressing in Browser Mode
    fixed: default Pitch if “WahPedal to Pitch” or “MorphPedal to Pitch” are activated
    fixed: Tuner Mode exits Performance scrolling
    fixed: erroneous Locking after Mode changes
    fixed: erroneous Morphing of Slot 4 in Performance edit buffer after restart
    fixed: polarity option for external switches gets ignored, if a pedal is configured
    fixed: correct handling of “Delay on/off Tail” triggered via external switch
    changed: “Power Amp On” instead of “Power Amp” in PowerHead and PowerRack Output Section
    changed: scale of Crystal Mix und Pitch Mix parameter changed to 0-100%
    changed: option to display time on Remote on page Date and Time in System Settings (had been hidden feature before)

Thank you Kemper Team™!

• new MIDI option “Pedals to MIDI” in System Settings enables pedal controllers CC#1, 4, 7, and 11 to be sent to two external MIDI devices, even if triggered by pedals connected to Profiler or Remote

Well, if this enables recording of MIDI-wah streams, generated by analogue pedals connected to the Kemper, alongside DI tracks, it'll be what I've been asking for for 2 years, and I'll be absolutely-stoked.

For those who haven't thought about it, it means one would be able to re-amp whilst also sending the original wah movements made during recording of the DI track.

• I'm pretty excited about the MIDI improvements. Does this mean the "mother octopus" use case is still possible in the future? However, editing MIDI output on performance slots is tedious and begs for reasonable defaults (i.e., "default to position in profiler/performance") and management from the RM.

I didn't find an updated manual for this release.

Edited once, last by drbill ().

• In my eyes it looks more confusing than helping.I miss the exact numbers!

Hm, so there are no dB values shown for the different output volumes? That's what I was hoping for, to replace the 0-10 Master Volume parameter (which, depending on the way different output volumes are linked, does not have a fixed meaning in terms of volume).

Still haven't been able to try the beta and unfortunately it'll be a while before I can.

• Hm, so there are no dB values shown for the different output volumes? That's what I was hoping for, to replace the 0-10 Master Volume parameter (which, depending on the way different output volumes are linked, does not have a fixed meaning in terms of volume).
    Still haven't been able to try the beta and unfortunately it'll be a while before I can.

No, there are no db values.
    That's why I hate it only after some minutes of use.
    Not the way I want it.

• I have no issue with the volume, it's nice to know exactly what the knob is controlling. I use my ears as far as the level. The graph style meter works fine for me.

Blue led, not really something I want.

Harmonizer seems faster.

So far no issues.

• The blue thing is a bit of a trend AFAICT, drog.

It became popular after one of CK's Virus synths sported a smattering of LEDs in said flavour. At least, that's how I remember the timeline.

The larger the surface area that emits this light, however, the greater the strain on the eyes, IMHO. I therefore believe it's better-suited to "small" applications such as the one it's being offered in by the team. In contrast(!), the MOTU AVB audio interfaces, which I love so much, sport large LCD screens that scream "blue!" at you. I'd much rather the company had stuck with the traditional green -> yellow -> orange -> red meter format it had used 'til now.

Anyway, the "trendy" blue -> purple option is there, and will be welcomed by some.

• Its nice to see bug fixes and a few features that suit others uses, but by and large, this particular update doesn't offer much for me (which is ok). Hopefully they will address preset management soon, but I am starting to believe that might never happen even though it has been acknowledged as an issue needing to be addressed.

Ok, back to playing around with Rigbusters 'Pink Wall' Pack! 8)

• Its nice to see bug fixes and a few features that suit others uses, but by and large, this particular update doesn't offer much for me (which is ok). Hopefully they will address preset management soon, but I am starting to believe that might never happen even though it has been acknowledged as an issue needing to be addressed.

Ok, back to playing around with Rigbusters 'Pink Wall' Pack! 8)

Which is a very nice pack!
    :D