FW 5.3.0.13018 Public Beta Feedback Thread

• Afaik (a bit OT) the blue led craze was started by Keeley with his pedal mods most of which swapped the leds for ultra bright blue. So the "craze" has been going on almost two decades now. :D

• Bug: On the Remote, if the Rig Name is too long, the new displayed time and the rig name overlap.

Probably only if the Remote is started with this particular rig.

Cool - thanks for finding and reporting!
    Not sure, if this is the correct place to post bug reports?
    Does anyone know, where to do this?

• Hey, if it's an issue that popped up after this FW version was installed, it belongs here for the time being.

Often one might find that others who've experienced the same behaviour have explanations or workarounds.

Failing any useful progress with your issue, I'd then create a support ticket with the team. I may be off-the-mark with this, but this is how I see it 'cause if nothing else, it helps avoid the scenario where support is swamped by queries, many of which could have been resolved through a little collaboration with our peers here.

Not only does it act as a filter of sorts, but this sort of thread serves to gather experiences / issues / observations together in one convenient place.

• Not much of a workaround, but the dB values for the different outputs are still shown in the Output menu. Might help someone until the team decides how to keep everyone happy.

• Yeah , the pitch update is great , I had a quick recording session and I must say I was impressed and played my guitar on -4 steps without any major glitch like it used to be, very well done Kemper team :)

will post a song later... but so far it's a very nice behavior now, I could pinch some harmonics I never heard on my KPA with the boost engaged on 40% mix.

• For me there are sensefull improvements even I do not use the MIDI function. For MIDI User there are some important points.
    Did not check all till now but I like the less latency for the pitch effects and better mix control..

The indication of the relation of all volumes was a little getting used to me and the time of indication was to short in the beginning, but now I consider it as a sensefull feature.

It's not the big deal but a good step to more ability :thumbup:

• Interesting! ... I updated and immediately ran into a MIDI problem, no patch changes! All CCs working but Kemper stayed resolutely on bank 1 Patch 1 regardless of what was sent from my pedal (decibel eleven SwitchDR)
    SOLUTION: Simple ... a reboot of Kemper and panic over. I was seconds away from opening a ticket to HQ when I thought of that one ... 'Back on yer 'eads!'

• Well, if this enables recording of MIDI-wah streams, generated by analogue pedals connected to the Kemper, alongside DI tracks, it'll be what I've been asking for for 2 years, and I'll be absolutely-stoked.
    For those who haven't thought about it, it means one would be able to re-amp whilst also sending the original wah movements made during recording of the DI track.

In addition to the re-amping process, this would also help creating MIDI backing tracks controlling Kemper. I'm using Cymatic LP-16 backing track player to switch present along with the click track. If I understood correctly this new feature, you could record e.g. volume swell and lowpass pedal movements home and send that data from MIDI device to Kemper live. Earlier such volume/wah curves were needed to be created manually in DAW.

• still hoping for.....,, power amp 4 ohm operation, new reverbs,,,,,much better overdrives,,,faster boot up and shut down times,,,,MUCH better way of connecting the pedal cord, the flimsey jack on the back has come out/ broke on me/ on the gig 3 times, it need the same thing thats on the pedal itself,,all you have to do is kik it or trip on it and its shot,,
    MUCH better/ stronger Speaker out jack, this plastic one is junk,,( I have the powered rack)
    For a touring piece of gear, these must be improved,, hope to see these things sometime this year,,,My rack unit is falling apart,,from 3 years of everyday/night use,
    not complaining,, I LOVE this thing, and count on it every day/ night,,but its falling apart, a little piece at a time,

• In addition to the re-amping process, this would also help creating MIDI backing tracks controlling Kemper. I'm using Cymatic LP-16 backing track player to switch present along with the click track. If I understood correctly this new feature, you could record e.g. volume swell and lowpass pedal movements home and send that data from MIDI device to Kemper live. Earlier such volume/wah curves were needed to be created manually in DAW.

I don't understand properly what you're saying, Skebaristi. Record volume swell and LPF pedal movements "home"(?) and send that data from MIDI device to Kemper live?

I thought the new feature was that the Kemper passes MIDI CC streams on through the MIDI Thru and MIDI out ports simultaneously, when previously it didn't do this for either port. This, if I understand correctly, means that even an analogue (non-MIDI) volume / wah pedal will cause the Kemper to generate MIDI CC data based on movements made, and spit that out of those two ports.

Burkhard said, "MIDI option “Pedals to MIDI” in System Settings enables pedal controllers CC#1, 4, 7, and 11 to be sent to two external MIDI devices, even if triggered by pedals connected to Profiler or Remote"

He said "two external MIDI devices", so I assume this means that the data is sent out of both the out and thru ports, which really is fantastic, and not something I've seen much before, if ever. I mean, the purpose of the thru port is to reflect (pass on) data that arrives at the MIDI in port. IIRC, the original purpose behind this was to allow chaining of multiple keyboards (for sound layering) back in the days (the early '80s) before multi-port MIDI interfaces existed.

So, as far as I can tell, the new MIDI feature is all about generating or passing on MIDI CC streams from pedal inputs, be they analogue or MIDI, whether connected to the rear of the Kemper or the remote. I've assumed that MIDI CC's sent to the Kemper will be passed on, but Burkhard didn't mention this, only, AFAICT, that analogue pedals (again, he wasn't specific, but I assume this 'cause you can't plug MIDI ones into the remote) will have their movements translated into MIDI CC's 1, 4, 7 and / or 11.

If I sound unsure of what we now have, it's because I am. I found the description a little cryptic and lacking in some critical specifics, such as whether or not both ports send the data, and whether or not MIDI CC's sent to the Kemper are also passed on via the out and / or thru ports.

Interesting! ... I updated and immediately ran into a MIDI problem, no patch changes! All CCs working but Kemper stayed resolutely on bank 1 Patch 1 regardless of what was sent from my pedal (decibel eleven SwitchDR)
    SOLUTION: Simple ... a reboot of Kemper and panic over. I was seconds away from opening a ticket to HQ when I thought of that one ... 'Back on yer 'eads!'

Sounds like the reboot made it stick, Andy. One sees this sort of thing quite often with computer software. Every single time over a 15 year period that I updated my MOTU audio drivers, the system crashed before reboot, after which it was flawless.

I'd put it down to "it just hadn't stuck yet"... hopefully.

• You are able to configure two receiving external MIDI devices and set
    a. logical name
    b. MIDI channel
    c. MIDI Thru or MIDI Out
    for each of those. That isn't new! The same settings did already exist to enable sending MIDI program changes in Performance Mode.

New is, that the four pedal controllers can now be forwarded to the same two devices.

• still hoping for.....,, power amp 4 ohm operation, new reverbs,,,,,much better overdrives,,,faster boot up and shut down times,,,,MUCH better way of connecting the pedal cord, the flimsey jack on the back has come out/ broke on me/ on the gig 3 times, it need the same thing thats on the pedal itself,,all you have to do is kik it or trip on it and its shot,,
    MUCH better/ stronger Speaker out jack, this plastic one is junk,,( I have the powered rack)
    For a touring piece of gear, these must be improved,, hope to see these things sometime this year,,,My rack unit is falling apart,,from 3 years of everyday/night use,
    not complaining,, I LOVE this thing, and count on it every day/ night,,but its falling apart, a little piece at a time,

4 ohm is possible since the beginning and described in the manual.

I'm using cable ties to establish strain relief inside my rack.

• The updated pitch is really worth a try , I'm having big fun with it.

here is a test song and some clips at the end ( last part )

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

details here

• Love the new option. "option to display time on Remote"
    Great to see time when playing festival gigs, when you have to watch the time...

Kemper Stage, KPA head, Remote, JH Audio Lola IEM, Shure PSM 900 wireless System, L-Acoustics 108P active FRFR monitor.

• Love the new option. "option to display time on Remote"
    Great to see time when playing festival gigs, when you have to watch the time...

This function has been there for the longest time already. It was just hidden behind an unlabeled button in the settings. It's a very handy feature indeed. Also for rehearsals :)

• still hoping for.....,, power amp 4 ohm operation, MUCH better way of connecting the pedal cord, the flimsey jack on the back has come out/ broke on me/ on the gig 3 times, it need the same thing thats on the pedal itself,,all you have to do is kik it or trip on it and its shot,,

I've heard on good authority that those things are coming with the next software update.....

Edited once, last by chu ().

• nice sample waraba! :thumbup:

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music