FW 5.3.0.13018 Public Beta Feedback Thread

• thank you, i do know that and had been running it for the last three years, no prob, but the last few gigs have been very hot .( here in chicago) it shut down for very brief secs, every few min,2 hour non stop set,,I felt it, you could make pancakes on it,it was hot,,,,I pulled one of my monitors(8ohm) and all was well, I love my cabs and spks, hate to pull the broke in spks and replace them with 16 ohm spks, I like my tone the way it is. I use two wedges all the time,,,so 4 ohm operation without any worry would be most helpful,, as far as the cable ties go, thats what I had till someone tripped on a taped down cable and killed my kemper foot control for the rest of the set,if the unit had the same kind of jack the pedal has,it would be bullit proof,The spk out jack is weak as well, The weight of the cable has loosend it several times and Im afraid I am going to break it loose from the board ,, a metal jack, attched to the steel frame, instead of the board, would be much stronger I think,
    again I know the 4 ohm prob is MY prob,not the units,, but 4 ohm operation would be most helpful,, the jacks are a real prob,,esp when your one of 4-8 bands and they are ripping you off stage as soon as the last note dies,any sugestions on a better way would be most welcome, ,
    again , I love my Kemper,,

• I tried the transpose effect with the new firmware. The latency has much improved but it still sounds artificial sometimes.
    Here's a sample with drop B tuning (don't mind the sloppy playing):

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I tried the transpose effect with the new firmware. The latency has much improved but it still sounds artificial sometimes.
    Here's a sample with drop B tuning (don't mind the sloppy playing):

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I had the same issue. I tried it up a step & a half. Still using a capo.

Learn to Swim

• In my eyes it looks more confusing than helping.I miss the exact numbers!

I agree. This is a HORRIBLE change. When I'm playing a gig, I want to be able to reach down and change my Master Volume and see the dB levels that I'm at. Now, all I see is a graphic bar chart that is COMPLETELY useless. I can't reach down and quickly scroll around in the Output menu to see my dB levels. It seems like if this bar graph was so necessary (which it isn't), the GRAPHS should be the part located in the Output section, and leave the dB levels as they were for quick access. I'll be rolling back to the previous OS and this one feature alone will keep me from ever updating to a new OS unless it's changed back.

• When I'm playing a gig, I want to be able to reach down and change my Master Volume and see the dB levels that I'm at. [...]
    leave the dB levels as they were for quick access

But that's not the way it was, was it? :huh: Previously (or at least last time I checked), when you turned the Master Volume knob and you had more than one output volume linked, it showed a meaningless 1-10 overall value that didn't have a fixed relationship with the actual volumes. Please correct me if this was no longer the case -- lately I always kept only the Main Output volume linked so that I would at least get an exact dB reading for that.

What I was hoping for when I read the changelog, was that the linked output volume dB values would now always be displayed when turning the Master Volume knob, just like you described (with, perhaps, the green led rings around the knobs below the screen giving an additional rough indication). That was what I suggested a while ago in a feature request. I still haven't been able to try the new beta, but it seems that a rough indication is all you get now...

• I know my exact dB-values for rehearsal and home and now I have scroll through the output menu to get them instead of using the master. If you ask me this change is completely stupid. Sorry!

Idea for improvement: Put the dB-values on right side of the new bars, so you see them when turning the master volume.

Cheers, Stefan

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• Lots of big improvements and fixes on this Beta ! Glad to see kemper has NOT been resting on its laurels and continues development. Pitch shifter improvements, mix controls added for some effects, and even some new midi options. well done. Question is is it safe for stage use as usual or anyone experience any showstopper type bugs ?

• I wouldn't rush out and use a beta for a gig, especially this soon after its release, mate.

Seems the only "real" issue thus far has been folks' being unhappy about dB values' not being displayed during master-volume adjustments when the output menu isn't in focus. Nevertheless, I wouldn't risk it personally unless there's a new feature you simply must be able to use during the gig.

• Now, these points of data
    make a beautiful line.
    And we're out of beta.
    We're releasing on time!
    So I'm GLaD I got burned!
    Think of all the things we learned!
    for the people who are
    still alive.

:D^^

External Content www.youtube.com

• I'm a little dense when it comes to understanding midi, I don't use it really. What exactly does the new midi updates mean for users? What kind of things can be done now that could not be done before?

• I'm a little dense when it comes to understanding midi, I don't use it really. What exactly does the new midi updates mean for users? What kind of things can be done now that could not be done before?

I think “Pedals to MIDI” means that you can use a standard expression pedal, connected to the KPA or the Remote via TRS jack, to control another device connected to the KPA's midi output. The Kemper will convert the pedal's voltage to midi cc#.

• I think “Pedals to MIDI” means that you can use a standard expression pedal, connected to the KPA or the Remote via TRS jack, to control another device connected to the KPA's midi output. The Kemper will convert the pedal's voltage to midi cc#.

Even more importantly, it means that we can now write midi CCs used by the volume, wah, pitch and morph pedals to a DAW while recording. This would allow us to tweak these effects by routing these same commands back to the Kemper. It also means that when reamping solos, we don't have to manipulate the expression pedal everytime we are running through one of the exp pedal-controlled effects. A massive improvement and not to be underrated, imo.

• I really hate to rain on your mcc love fest but any $100.00 midi controller with ext footcontrollers have been doing this as long as midi has been around. The Kpa team keeps wanting to reinvent the wheel and make it seem like it's the inovation of the century.
    Here's what inovation for Kemper would really be worth touting.
    Since the KPA team came from the synthesis world. How about polyphonic pitch to midi conversion generated by the Kpa?
    Now that would be something to hoot about!