Need advice with Profiling in a studio

• HI there,
    I am after some advice on profiling my live rigs into my Kemper.
    I don't have the facilities to do this properly at home so am looking at a day in the studio.
    I have 2 options and am a little confused which one to go for:

1) long established great studio, very well equipped, no kemper experience
    2) newly established smaller studio, moderately equipped, lots of kemper experience and profile bundles experience (good engineer).

Is the profiling proceedure really that difficult for an engineer with no experience? I assume navigating the interface would be the only real issue.
    What would you go for?

Cheers

• Personally, I'd determine which engineer was more-allergic to phase cancellation when using two or more mic's on a cabinet.

For me anyway, comb filtering is the biggest Profile killer. I want "pure", phase-coherent tones. If you listen to the high frequencies of a bunch of Profiles on the Exchange, you'll soon notice that some of the Rigs are harsh in the upper regions. This is most-often (IMHO) due to phase cancellation brought about by the angle of a single-mic setup or time-misaligned signals' being combined in dual-and-more-mic setups.

That's about it, really. More-experienced engineers generally have this stuff nailed. As for your question about the user interface, I wouldn't worry about it; engineers have oodles of gear operating systems to get their heads around, and you could always ask if he or she is willing to spend 20 minutes or so, at no expense, familiarising him or herself with the Kemper's Profiling M.O.

• Thanks mate.
    Still really stuck on this haha.
    I am sure both engineers would be well across the phase and filtering issues.
    In theory the sound would not be going through any desk or studio gear would it? Just the isolated cabinet, amp head and kemper would be the only things in use (monitors to hear things).
    If thats the case then I guess I will go with the studio that have lots of experience with the kemper. Maybe they know the best little tricks to get the best out of the kemper using the kemper effects etc.
    I just don't want to waste my money and feel unhappy.
    Thanks!

• Well I'm pretty sure the studio will have higher quality mic pres than the Kemper internal one, so be sure to use those.

While profiling obviously sit in the control room and listen back and forth between the amp and profile.

What I noticed in my last studio session was that the pick setting had a big result in making the profiles more accurate. Without tweaking that the transients were too soft.

• I would choose experience over equipment. Making good profiles doesn't require much or particularly expensive equipment. If you like the profiles that have been made at the studio with extensive profiling experience I'd suggest going with them.

• Try the Kemper experienced studio first and watch what they do and take notes or video on the process and setup. Then try the big studio and use all the knowledge you learned at the other studio if they need help setting up the Kemper. Then you will be able to tell us which one is better :) .......Please let us know what you choose and the results