Where to find G12T-75 / V30 cab profiles?

• Hi,

Does anyone know where to find cab profiles for

- 4x12 G12T-75
    - 4x12 V30
    - 4x12 G12T-75 mixed with V30

I don't think these cab profiles can be found as separate files so I guess I need to find these cabs in (merged) profiles en and save only the CAB part.

The big question is which profiles do have the cabs mentioned above in the profiles? Anyone spotted these? Please point me to those profiles.

Thanks a lot!
    Mauce

• Thanks for your reply, I appreciate that.

The thing is that I'd like to have cab profiles that are close to real life situations, the 4x12 1960 with G12T-75 because to our band these are the ones you see the most to borrow at venues (as a part of the backline).
    The 4x12 V30 because I do own a ENGL Pro 4x12 with V30s myself.
    Then the mixed V30/G12T-75 because I read so many positive things about mixing those speakers in a cab.

Hence my request.
    I'm afraid using the IR won't help when you think about the above, or am I completely wrong with this assumption?
    I'll give it a try anyway

Thanks for your reply.

• It is really hard to say what will work for each person. I know many dislike IRs with the Kemper, I am generally one of them with a few exceptions, are there are some that use ONLY IRs with the Kemper.

Yep, it never hurts to try :)

When it comes to the cab section it has just as much to do with the mic used, room and the person's experience as it does with the actual speaker and cabinet.

• I made a pack of impulses a LONG time ago of my cab that had a V30/G12T100 mix in it, I can try to see if they're still around somewhere.

EDIT: Found them. No idea if they're any good, I made these in 2010. https://mega.nz/#F!SdJWXLbR!Y8a8r1rsfz-k61k9aM0F_w

They're single speaker only but you can easily create a mixed cab by loading them onto your DAW on separate tracks and creating a profile from that.

• Deadlight Studios (was Tonehammer) do 4x12 G12T-75 and a 4x12 V30 in the Marshall JVM410 (not the satch version), I think they're all merged.

Till Schleicher's cablab has 4x12 mixed G12T-75 with V30, but I think they're studio profiles not merged.

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• I have a 1960A Marshall cab with 2 G12T-75 and 2 Mesa V30s. I've been wanting to create a couple of profiles anyway with my Mesa Triple Crown. I was planning on making it a merged profile so I could just swap the cab for different microphones or miking the V30 vs the G12T-75. I was also wanting to try swapping the G12T-75s for Creamback 65s which I have also. I'll try to get to this today and let you know.

• I finished profiling all three channels of my amp with the mics set up on the V30 speaker. So far, it sounds really good. I had to profile 4 times for each channel (SM57, SE VR1, both mics, and DI). I will try merging the profiles tomorrow. I’m hoping I get good results but I’ve heard about the merging process being dependent on load box. I’m using the built in direct out from the TC50 that’s basically a resistive loadbox. I’m a little worried about it working out ok since it’s not a dedicated reactive loadbox, but I still had the cab pumping so it should be acting in a reactive way. We shall see.

Anyway if it works, I’ll give the G12T-75 side a shot and maybe the Creambacks a go. If I can verify that the merging process works correctly then I should be able to only do the whole thing on one channel and be done with it. Also, I know Michael Britt doesn’t use a bunch of different microphone configurations. I found that the Sm57 and ribbon mics sounded best together. I might just stick with the combo and reduce the workload. You can always use the built in Kemper eq to tailor it.

I’ll keep you posted and release them on the exchange when I’m finished.

• You know, a thought did occur to me. Most of the time if you record a cab, you’re only micing one speaker. If you try two different ones it creates phase issues. Even if an IR is called a V30 cab, it could just be the V30 side of a multi speaker cab setup. If the Kemper could do stereo profiles, it might be different. Then maybe, you could put one G12T-75 in the left and a V30 in the right and wind up with my cab. Otherwise, you really just use one at a time.

In other words, you might still look at IRs already made. I’m still going to make mine though. I just wanted to raise the point about speaker combo cabs not really being much of a factor in the grand scheme.

• Did some experiences with Impulses here...actually was playing trying to make my first profile and ended up profiling the tube preamp of my Digitech RP21d + Impulses (4x12 G12T-75 - 2 mics: sm57 and rb160)...liked the result so decided to share i Rig Exchange.

Feel free to let me know what you think...just search for author "claretimus". Rigs names are: GG - Rp21d STU (studio version with the impulses for cab) and GG - Rp21d DIR (without cab but only EL34 poweramp VST).\

Nice is that Kemper does a really almost perfect copy hehehehe