Power loss wounded my kemper

• Half way through gig tonight we had power loss and then as the KPA was rebooting another power loss.
    Resulted in a long error message on the screen when trying to use performance mode after what appeared to be corrupt performance slots and an idle unit with the last sound played. Didn't read message as it was mid set but thought I caught something like contact support, I think. Wouldn't power down so forced reboot by power cycling and the same. Eventually discovered browse mode worked so limped through the first set with this. During break I restored from latest backup on USB stick and it appeared to solve the issue.
    Got a gig tomorrow and want to hear anyone's advice that may have experienced this themselves.
    Had power loss in the past but never followed by an interrupted boot cycle.

• Just in case the firmware was corrupted, I'd be inclined to reinstall the OS you're currently using, Slateboy... just in case unforeseen glitches appear at inopportune moments.

Personally, I'd use the .kaos-file-at-root-level (of the Kemper-formatted stick) method (hold down both page buttons whilst booting). I don't know why but it just feels like a more-definite, full flash of the firmware to me.

As for what happened, who knows? At any rate, if ever there were a situation that might endanger the integrity of the installed software, you'd think a power cut during booting'd be right up there as a candidate, IMHO.

• it is more likely that the edit buffer got corrupted when the power out occurred. You can clean the edit buffer by holding down the RIG button between the SYSTEM and the QUICK button on the left side of the front panel during the bootup until you see "Initialising current rig"
    Its a lot faster than restoring your backup.

• the edit buffer is is always restored after a reboot. If the edit buffer was corrupted by an unexpected power down it will fail and display the error message that you saw. Clearing the buffer will fix this.

@hjscheffler, would you advise a re-install of the OS as a safe precaution in this situation?
    Obviously not something to do at a gig as it takes several minutes and i imagine a power-loss during OS installation presents greater problems.
    Im not sure how the OS memory is allocated or if it is written to during normal operation but guessing there's a separate memory area for edit buffers and user-files and rigs.

• it is more likely that the edit buffer got corrupted when the power out occurred. You can clean the edit buffer by holding down the RIG button between the SYSTEM and the QUICK button on the left side of the front panel during the bootup until you see "Initialising current rig"
    Its a lot faster than restoring your backup.

This is exactly what I did when this happened to me at a gig and it cured the problem :)