Help! 2 questions...

• Hi guys, I'm not only a NOOB here, but also pretty much of a techno-idiot! So I have 2 quick questions:
    1. Got my KPA yesterday and like everyone I wanted to quickly jump in and get it fired up. I accomplished that no problem. However, when I first turned on the unit it asked me to set the date and enter in my name. Somehow I was able to botch this (told you I was a techno-idiot!). How can I re-enter this information.
    2. I was able to get Rig Manager downloaded onto my computer. But how do I download different rig packs like the Dr. Z profiles and Michael Britt profiles and get them onto the amp? Please, step by step instructions as if you were talking to someone who has never used either a computer or the KPA.

Grateful for your assistance! I've been using tube amps for 35 years and I really want this to work! I am willing to learn...

• @jesusrocker firstly a hearty Welcome! to the Kemper World! :thumbup::thumbup:

Secondly, to load files to the Kemper, choose the files you want and drag and drop to the Rig Manager. Connect up the Kemer amp with a USB cable.
    Then you can select which file you want to play by double clicking. You get an icon message on the RM next to the file. The corresponding message on the Kemper is "preview" or somesuch. If you like the file, you can save it on the Kemper using the Kemper buttons. 8o

Alternatively, you can bulk load files to the Kemper, by drag and dropping onto the item "Profiler". Either way, you need to have a USB connection.

Hope that helps. :)

Thirdly, enjoy! 8o

Jim.

Sorry, entering systems menu, you can change your name... I haven't done this for quite some time... :/

• Just be sure to keep your Kemper's name in sync with the one you've entered into Rig Manager, otherwise it won't talk to your unit.

Also, be aware that any favourites you set in Rig Manager will be lost if you change your Kemper's and the software's name. You'll be able to recover the favourites by reverting to whichever name you used when you set them.

Welcome, Jesus, and God bless. Cripes, that sounded strange!

• to answer question 1:

Hit System to enter system menu and on page 1/18 "edit owner" is top left softbutton to change the owner or KPA name. On page 16/18 there is a softbutton (top left also) for date and time.

As far as loading them, I'm on a Mac and it's pretty easy to drag and drop, but I would probably recommend auditioning the rig first by double clicking on it with your KPA connected so you can play through the rig. Then if you like it you can hit "store" on your KPA and store it on your machine that way.

Take a little time to get to know your Rig Manager software (creating folders, making backups, etc.) so you can remove rigs from your KPA without losing them forever. Then it will probably take a few weeks to get more familiar with the KPA and all of its editing. Have fun!

• Thank you all! Loving the kemper so far although just a little overwhelmed after 35 years of plugging into an amp and lettin' it rip...

Thats normal for the first year. ;)
    Welcome.