Into the void aka You moron, you traded away the Kemper

• I'm not going to get into this further. There are plenty of people who like Sinmix's profiles, they don't have an agenda of any kind. There are so many 6505 profiles, it makes my head spin, and a lot of people use Sin's profiles.

I really didn't find anything sub-par about the comparison clips he posted either. If you have a better 6505 profile, please post it and enlighten us how a 6505 should sound.

I think @sinmix has provided profiles to some big name bands too, could you enlighten us please? :sleeping:

Nobody ever said that top notch artists & recording acts don't use the Kemper, but in the flip side more don't use the KPA than do. Does that make it good or bad? No. Gear is gear and tools are just tools, only a poor artist blames them.

Perisonally, I've tried thousands and thousands and thousands of profiles in endless frustration. I find SinMix to have among the best, and his profiles often have full body dynamics and life that feel like an amp to me. So many profiles "sound ok" but are flat, dynamicless, dry, and useless. But Sin also doesn't say his profiles are 100% accurate, that would be a lie and sellers claiming so are full of it, but he always says "sounds good to me" or "great sound IMO". I don't need pristine accuracy, I just want something that is useful, and I've sadly found 99% of profiles I've tried to have one issue or another that I just can't live with. Sin makes quality and if you choose not to try any of his profiles, that's fine and dandy, you're only needlessly depriving yourself.

This is something I've seen throughout this thread, this constant search for good and evil on this thread. It's frustrating.

It kind of reminds me of gang culture. You know, "Once a jadoo, always a jadoo. You ain't getting out, boy, and if you try, we is gonna cut you..."

I feel like that black bald guy in Predator crawling under tree trunks and trying to take on the alien with another black guy, who is also doomed to die (black guys weren't the first to die, so they killed both of them together).

You know his song: "Long Tall Sally, She's Built Sweet, She got everything Uncle John needs, Gonna have me some fun, Gonna have me some fun, Gonna have me some fun..."

And then he unceremoniously gets shot in the head.

That's me, crawling earnestly under some trees, look of concentration on my face, trying to avoid the alien shooting me in the face.

I sympathise with your frustration, @MementoMori. Some guys come out with mind blowing stuff on the forums and we're now being told the profiles of our choice suck too. Have you tried running your profiler into a nice preamp and then wrestling with the mix?

In my situation, I'd much prefer a real amp and Reactive Load + IR, primarily because the results are far more consistent. If you need to punch-in on a track two weeks after the fact, good luck getting the same tone when mic'ing up the amp yourself. For mixing, a fresh set of ears.at a studio can be a good thing. However, a studio can also be advantageous for people who have trouble making firm decisions or committing to idea, that is unless money is no object.

While I can appreciate wanting to learn the craft, and I can only speak for me in this regard, at the end of the day it's about the sound, because that's all that those who listen to your music are going to hear.

A number of older, established artists have discussed the necessity of making firm decisions and giving yourself a time-limit when recording, namely because it's so easy not to have to commit to anything with digital.

The best part of this experiment is that it is a break from all deadlines, which are self-imposed in my case. Artists probably have to worry about paying studios for the time and labels breathing down their necks.

Believe me, I could have this project wrapped up in two weeks if I didn't have to work and a bulk booking at a nice studio. Maybe even less.

That was the luxury of having a Kemper at home.

But as I mentioned, I'm shelving that project. Out with the old, in with the new. You could even say throwing out the baby with the bath water, but I like the idea of flipping gear for something new. Nothing so dramatic.

I hear you on the recording methodology and I will be going the IR based route. At the same time, I'm going to capture the DI signal and I'm going to try and record as well, because I've never done that. It'll be FUN, which is something I was missing while recording that metal project.

I mean, I think it was great music. Here's one of the songs I was working on, I was so happy doing it many moons ago around the time I first got the Kemper. Never got around to replacing that drum loop with my midi track or finishing it. You can hear the joy in my voice, I think. Start at around 0.36 gents, I planned to lop off that unwieldy intro.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Does that mix sound to you like a guy who really benefited from owning a Kemper? :cursing:

I've learnt a lot from these boards though. My other project on the other hand is a lot of fun, messing with complex setups and a rack full of equipment. No complaints whatsoever, though my drummer thought I was crazy too haha

Your guitar and pickups are going to play a decent role in determining how a profile sounds. With my guitar and pickups, most of the profiles I've tried from Sin sound fairly thin and lack body.

I can sympathise. I had the same problem with a lot of the profiles loaded into the Kemper when it first got to me. You have to really match profiles to guitars and playing style, I think. In that sense, I'd strongly recommend that if someone can get access to a nice amp and a studio, profile it for yourself using your guitars and setup.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is the original, seems a bit thicker imo. But I'm not sure that's because the bass is no way near as heavy. Might well be.

Will test out his IRs for sure, Dimi. Need to get some other basic shit sorted out too, like reamp boxes and DI boxes and whatnot.

• External Content www.youtube.com

This is the original, seems a bit thicker imo. But I'm not sure that's because the bass is no way near as heavy. Might well be.

Yea, thicker, the guitars tones are definitely on the thicker side in the original. I just used a backing track of that, no eq or mixing or god knows what.

That's why I like that sinmix profile.

It's not as thick but still reminiscent of a Mastodon tone imho.

I really didn't find anything sub-par about the comparison clips he posted either. If you have a better 6505 profile, please post it and enlighten us how a 6505 should sound....

I already did? How could you have missed it? It's the one used by Jake Pitts. from the popular Rock band
    Black Veil Brides and I did mention it here in this thread :wacko: . I'm starting to worry about your fast reading, Please make sure you read those
    warnings that come with tube amps carefully now that you're going into tube land, don't attempt to Bias your amps yourself when you change tubes, it can be a deadly experience if you don't read and heed the warnings carefully. :thumbup:

here it is anyway:

External Content www.youtube.com

• Tested now Helix and this thing sounds also killer for Me :thumbup: its a Engl Fireball amp from Helix and my Engl 212 Cab IR :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com

Stay Metal!

This is something I've seen throughout this thread, this constant search for good and evil on this thread. It's frustrating......

It kind of reminds me of gang culture. You know, "Once a jadoo, always a jadoo. You ain't getting out, boy, and if you try, we is gonna cut you..."

I sympathise with your frustration, @MementoMori. Some guys come out with mind blowing stuff on the forums and we're now being told the profiles of our choice suck too. ....

In any discussions there will always be opposing opinions, that's why it's called a discussion.

You expected to be roasted, but no one is roasting you, people are voicing their opinions, Noting wrong with that..

I can't think of anyone who used derogatory terms in this thread such as "Moron" and "suck", can you? I personally don't care what word they use as long as they realize it's just a discussion and nothing personal really.

• Really? so maybe read again all posts :thumbdown:
    Stay Metal!

Yes, really, nothing personal.

You don't think the Kemper is accurate but it's accurate enough for me. I hope you appreciate my confusion knowing that you still sell Kemper Profiles even though you don't think it's accurate and you go out of your way to show that you can get similar results with any plugin. I don't have to agree with you, do I ?

When you make a impulse response using Tube Amp power amp, it's not accurate IR. Do you think making an IR using Tube amp Power will result in an accurate IR?

It's a discussion and my questions are valid questions. I'm not saying you should answer or not it's your choice.

• You don't think the Kemper is accurate but it's accurate enough for me. I hope you appreciate my confusion knowing that you still sell Kemper Profiles even though you don't think it's accurate and you go out of your way to show that you can get similar results with any plugin. I don't have to agree with you, do I ?

The problem is that all Kemper profiles not only made by Me are not perfect (not becopuse all people are noobs but becouse Kemper is not perfect) - just some people hearing this differences some dont hearing and some like You dont want to belive - all secret.

Stay Metal!

• The problem is that all Kemper profiles not only made by Me are not perfect (not becopuse all people are noobs but becouse Kemper is not perfect) - just some people hearing this differences some dont hearing and some like You dont want to belive - all secret.
    Stay Metal!

I've always said there were minor differences that I can also hear but they're insignificant, immaterial and in no way show stoppers, for all intended purposes the Kemper captures the AMP better than any other solution I've tried , certainly better by far than a plugin with an IR even if the IR was captured with some added warmth of a hot tube amp flavor.

• Dayum, that KPA thingy's incredible! =O

Don't say that too loud. Next time you should go into whisper mode. They might start calling you a fan boy.

Besides who is Jake Pitts from the popular Rock band Black Veil Brides, Their albums only debut with around 40,000 records sold the first week cracking the U.S top ten charts at number 7 or eight.

Both guitar players in the band use the Kemper Live and in the studio, but some people here are aiming bigger and better than U.S top ten charts. So KPA is not good enough for them.

But F#@k me what do i know :/ . This is the first time I've heard of this band, but I share their appreciation for Kemper and without knowing who they were I thought their 6505 destroys the Sin 6505. Is that a crime. ?(

Here's the story from The Black Veil Brides on Musicradar:
    The two of you are big fans of Kemper Profiling amps, as well.
    Jinxx: "That's right. We use them both live and in the studio. They're terrific. Everything we do in the studio, all the things we recorded at Jake's house, we're able to reproduce them on stage."
    Pitts: "I don't even know how the technology works – it's pretty insane – but it is pretty cool how you can capture a studio tone and bring it right to the stage. We use in-ears now, and the stage is pretty clean – no amps or cabs. I have a MIDI controller to switch amp tones, and it goes right from our ears to the front of house. It's awesome."

• I can see every ones point and believe it or not every one is right but why is it different to each one's experience?
    I can only put it down to this.

If your lucky enough to be able to try ALL of whats out there, some of us need it for a musical project (non profit) :P
    AND have many different guitars, like single , humbucker and actives etc.

Sin's 6505 for me kills on certain guitars, DANS version kills it on others (9 string etc)
    I have only seen mid range gain and clean be able to sound "good" on many different guitars
    Blah i am just saying tho..Some high gain and what ever vibe they are capturing , you really need to try them on different guitars to get the full range out of them :)

In saying that its about time i posted about some thing thats more on topic and far more important
    Like BEER. Gluten Free German organic Beer :D

AJ you better profile that EVH and MARK V for us or ill shoot you my self, i can afford too :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• In any discussions there will always be opposing opinions, that's why it's called a discussion.
    You expected to be roasted, but no one is roasting you, people are voicing their opinions, Noting wrong with that..

I can't think of anyone who used derogatory terms in this thread such as "Moron" and "suck", can you? I personally don't care what word they use as long as they realize it's just a discussion and nothing personal really.

This deliberate contortion of what I said is dangerous. I invite any user to see whether I have said anything derogatory to anyone of this thread, it really is shameful that you're distorting everything to make it seem like The purpose of this thread was to sledge the Profiler or other users.

Seriously bad form.

This isn't a discussion, it's an attempted lynching!

I´m lost for words - gonna miss your posts @nightlight... :huh:

Come back home to Mamma Kemper soon...

Take care Budd. :thumbup:

Thanks, man! I will most likely do that at some future date! just a pleasant diversion to recharge the batteries, take a new approach, smell the flowers on the other side of the wall and appreciate what I had.

Yes, really, nothing personal.
    You don't think the Kemper is accurate but it's accurate enough for me. I hope you appreciate my confusion knowing that you still sell Kemper Profiles even though you don't think it's accurate and you go out of your way to show that you can get similar results with any plugin. I don't have to agree with you, do I ?

When you make a impulse response using Tube Amp power amp, it's not accurate IR. Do you think making an IR using Tube amp Power will result in an accurate IR?

It's a discussion and my questions are valid questions. I'm not saying you should answer or not it's your choice.

Ah, definitely some personal grouse going on here. You're sledging the man despite some users here coming to his defence.

I appreciate your views, but man, none of us are going to be muscled into "following the herd".

That's dangerous behaviour and something we just don't do in Kemperland.

The problem is that all Kemper profiles not only made by Me are not perfect (not becopuse all people are noobs but becouse Kemper is not perfect) - just some people hearing this differences some dont hearing and some like You dont want to belive - all secret.
    Stay Metal!

An unpopular view out here, Sin! I think the language gap and the short explanation is what sets some people off... you should ideally just save it for private discussions, I'm sure there's a whole gang of people with pitchforks and torches waiting to find you alone in a dark alley.

I appreciated your sharing of views. As far as I could tell, you were just sharing your findings. Of course, that is now being construed as "You don't like the Kemper" and "You have an agenda".

Just take it easy, man!

I've always said there were minor differences that I can also hear but they're insignificant, immaterial and in no way show stoppers, for all intended purposes the Kemper captures the AMP better than any other solution I've tried , certainly better by far than a plugin with an IR even if the IR was captured with some added warmth of a hot tube amp flavor.

Amen to the Kemper being so accurate that differences in tone are minor.

I don't know about others, but I am impressed with Sin's clips always. He really does a good job, must take a lot of effort.

Lol @ the guy who thinks we should respect Bieber and Beyoncé because they made the Top 10.

With those numbers they're even bigger than bands like Meshuggah and Periphery! But those bands use the Axe Fx. And BVB uses the Kemper... BVb fans for life!

Come off it. You think no one saw anything derogatory in what you posted in this post?

Like the constant asides about my getting electrocuted because I got a tube amp?

Are you one of "them"?

:D

Do you plan to have me assassinated through some artful tampering with the amp so that my teeth bite into my lips as the current surges through my body and my skin starts to singe and my balls melt as my eyeballs pop out of the sockets and then only the stalks are standing straight because the current hasn't stopped?
    Never mind, personal joke. and as always, at my own expense, these claims of derogatory behaviour aside.

And yes, you're a "fanboiiii" (with altered spelling). It's not something I say lightly. It would be painfully obvious from the way you keep coming and making personal attacks just because I said I'm trading my Kemper. Most of the objective users just said "you're a moron" or posted best wishes and left.
    I know it's not something you would do, but I'm not you and you're not me. I mean, if we should all just follow what the big bands do, why should I listen to you anyway? I'm following Slayer now!