Kemper Remote Issue with Effect Buttons III and IIII / Rig Button 1 (Software bug or hardware problem?)

• Dear community,

I looked in the forum for a similar problem but couldn't find one. I just got my Kemper Profiler Powerrack including the Profiler Remote. Unfortunately I'm stumbling upon problems when operating my remote.

I can't assign the Effect Buttons three and four to a stomp or effect. I can assign them "manually" in the Rig settings though. This doesn't help me because I have a general problem when activating the buttons.

If I operate the buttons in performance or browser mode I get the following responses from the profiler:

Button III: Upon the first push the profiler goes into tuning mode / upon a second push I jump a various number into other performances (e.g. from performance slot 1 to 4; or 1 to 6 ).
    Button IIII: Pushing this buttons directly activates the Looper Mode / a second push deactivates it

Now I thought that deactivating any Button Assignment in my System settings might get rid of the problem but now the following happens:

Button III: The first push deactivates all effects at once / a second push switches to the next performance
    Button IIII: First push lets me morph into the second rig setting if I have pre-assigned it to an effect / pushing it again sets it into the first rig setting / If I have no effect assigned to it and push it I get various scenarios which differ almost every time

In addition to that I have another sporadic failure when I operate the other buttons:

- Sometimes I can't change a rig (especially on Rig Button 1)

I tried the following to fix this behaviour:

- Use antoher Ethernet Cable / The issue persists
    - Install the latest Firmware 5.2.0 / The issue persists
    - Install the latest Beta Firmware 5.3.0 Public Beta / The issue persists
    - Initialize the Profiler / The issue persists

Now I'm wondering if you have a recommendation of what I can try in addition to my previous statements or if I should send my device back at once to get a new one.

Thank's a lot upfront for your support.

Best regards,
    Don

• I have similar problem. I'm running latest beta software and when I step o button 1 on my Remote, it goes to slot 4. When I step on button III it goes to tuner. When I step on button IIII it goes to Looper. What should I do?
    For example. I have 5 slots in Perform mode and when I step on 2 it goes to second slot, when I step on 3 it goes to third slot etc. But When I step on 1 it goes to fourth slot.
    Thank's for an advice.

• So today I filed a ticket and got a really quick response (great customer service by the way),

I need to send my remote back and ask for a new one.

I will post my progress here as soon as I can test it with a new remote.

Best regards,
    Don

Edited once, last by derdoem ().

• Thank you for the welcome :)
    I was communicating with Kemper support and I sen them video of what exactly my Remote do. So here it is.
    After all I have to send my Remote back to exchange along with my Profiler I suppose. Because it was whole set and my seller don't sell Remote separately.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx2_ev94vFA

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have exactly the same issues with my remote control bought the 3rd juilly on the kemper online store...I'm affraid they might have a kind of general issue with the very last remote control production ...
    I filled a ticket today and I hope kemper will fix it asap
    Best regards

Murphy's

Edited once, last by Murphys ().

• I have the exact same problem. I just got my Kemper and remote today. Thought I was doing something wrong. But my problems are the exact same as what I am reading here. I have a number from Kemper, but i have a show this weeeknd. I am hopin that Sweetwater can ship me a new remote

• I am hopin that Sweetwater can ship me a new remote

U mean, of course, a new remote free of issue ....U better ask them to test the remote before shipping : if they can set a stomp effect to the effet switch III or IIII, that's OK, if not, let them send it back to Germany.