Headphone out volume on the mixer is much lower than the headphones out on the KPA

• I'm very new to the world of mixers and hooking them up to the KPA so I'm sorry about this newbie problem...I hooked up a Mackie 802VLZ4 mixer to my KPA and the headphone volume output on the mixer a way lower than the headhphone output on the KPA.

Using instrument cables, I connected the Right and Left main outputs on the back of the KPA to the mixer's Right and Left inputs. I've tried putting the mixers volume knobs to 12'oclock, changed the the Main Output on the KPA to Master Mono, and changed the Main Ouputs level but to no avail. I feel like I'm missing something fundamental about how to properly setup this mixer with my KPA.

I want to hook up my KPA to the mixer in stereo and listen the guitar via the headphones jack on the mixer. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• first check the gain of your headlamps on the mixer
    other could be that the impendance of your headphones better match the KPA
    than your mixing desk that could explain the difference check for the Ohm rate on the headphones
    KPA and Mixer you find that in the manuals of the gear
    the impedance which is the nearest to your Headphone will be the loudest

• Thanks for the help! I'll work on it this weekend.

I also want to the use the KPA's R/L XLR outputs to feed into my mixer. My mixer only has one XLR input per channel so how do I map both of the KPA's XLR outputs into the mixer?

• Thanks for the help! I'll work on it this weekend.

I also want to the use the KPA's R/L XLR outputs to feed into my mixer. My mixer only has one XLR input per channel so how do I map both of the KPA's XLR outputs into the mixer?

Thats how it is! Use one channel for Kemper LEFT and turn the panorama poti to left. Use another channel for Kemper RIGHt and turn the panpot to the right. So two mono channel strips are resulting in a stereo mix. Voila!

Ne travaillez jamais.